Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router no IP address

ashleigh9008
4: Newbie

received a new router yesterday due to old one being faulty(it wasnt i was receiving internet with it) now i have no internet at all i can connect but no internet connection. This has been raised to tech team but no answers from them at all. When i log into the router it tells me no ip address could this be the reason for no internet connection? I was left a couple of weeks ago without broadband for 17days and now facing the same issue! 

21 REPLIES 21

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

I would ask for more details.....

What device(s) are you using?

Can any of those devices do a ping?

If so.....

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52

#########

I am trying to connect via my phone and also with ethernet but nothing! I have tried a speed test and ping test but no joy as no internet connection.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If it was working and now isn't I would just recheck the connection between the router and the phone socket. I'm surprised they have taken back the old router, DPD just delivered mine and there was no info on what to do with the old one.

It has been took apart and put back in 3 times and still nothing! I have never had a router taken back either but this was requested by them! Still showing no ip address and now internet light is flashing white rather than a solid white light.

Jayach

When you first log into the router does it show a connection speed?

Not that i can see?

Jayach

You can't really miss it. I've attached a picture but it will probably take ages to be moderated.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 141621.jpg

If a speed is shown it means you are connected to the other end, if it shows 0/0 then you are disconnected.

If you have a speed shown but still get no I.P.address then the Vodafone authentication servers are probably rejecting you. Possibly the reprovisioning need to be done again.

Thanks i will keep an eye out for the image. I am not great with these things and vodafone dont seem to want to help either! My internet was great yesterday 78mbps until i swapped the router and now nothing wish i had just now left it with the old router.

Hi

If all 3 ping tests failed, then maybe your DEVICE is at fault, not vodafone.

127.0.0.1 tests for an installed adapter.

192.168.1.1 is as far as the router/modem.