Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router no IP address

ashleigh9008
4: Newbie

received a new router yesterday due to old one being faulty(it wasnt i was receiving internet with it) now i have no internet at all i can connect but no internet connection. This has been raised to tech team but no answers from them at all. When i log into the router it tells me no ip address could this be the reason for no internet connection? I was left a couple of weeks ago without broadband for 17days and now facing the same issue! 

21 REPLIES 21

I have the same issue:  no IP address.

Router model: THG3000

@ Clint_flick

I have done the three ping test:

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1   successful

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1  successful

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52   failed

What does this mean? 

Many thanks for your help. Best wishes.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Drdolantin wrote:

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1   successful

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1  successful

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52   failed

What does this mean? 

It means your LAN (Local area network) is working, but the WAN (Wide area network) i.e. the broadband is down.

But then you already new that.

Jayach

@Drdolantin wrote:

I have the same issue:  no IP address.

Take a look at this thread, as I think they may have the same problem as you.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-connection/Internet-cut-out-for-a-week-straight/m-p/269089...

Screenshot_20201010-123210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same thing happened to me I haven't been able to go online for a week,  it's a joke and have found nothing to fix it. They all said we will send a engineer and yet no engineer. Just gonna switch broadband, using there internet for 3yrs and this is the thanks we get :(.

Jayach

During the recent fault finding on my problems I was sent a new router. It would appear they have to "re-provision" the new router to your account, which as far as I can tell simply means registering the new serial number.

Both first and second line tried for hours to do it but were unable to get anywhere. Eventually the call was passed to third line. After a day without broadband and having heard nothing I called second line again and this time the agent decided to investigate the actual fault and Openreach were called out.

They never did get the new router working and it's still in it's box.

They reprovisioned this yesterday when i received it and called them. They have now raised it to tech team which i have had no joy with before so i wont be holding my breath. I cant even switch back to my old router as they took this back yesterday when i received the new one! I am now looking at other providers as vodafone have been nothing but problems.

Jayach

@ashleigh9008 wrote:

When i log into the router it tells me no ip address could this be the reason for no internet connection?

clint_flick's post made me wonder about this comment. I assumed you meant the router says no IP, but do you mean your device says no IP?

Yes the router has no IP address or internet connection.

Jayach

Have you been able to get back to Vodafone and what are they doing about it?