Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish broadband and service on the whole

ar1mdb
2: Seeker

Since becoming a broadband customer I've had nothing but problems.  The speed not as good at what I had with sky and vodafone promised.  They've given me the 15% discount fair enough.  The signal went one day and I went through with Technical support.  Had to remove main socket line cover and send photos etc.  This took almost an hour and nobody could say why internet was down or what was wrong.  It came on about four hours later on it's own accord.  Month later same thing happened, again customer service, but this time the person was alot beter and said it was a problem in my area at the exchange. they told me to hare my mobile data and said be fixed with 24 hours.  about 8 hours later it was.  All been good for about another three weeks and gone again.  Spoke to technical again want m to remove main phone line socket send picture etc i've done this.  The reviews online are really bad.  Is anybody else using the broadband without any problems?  I've had it, going to cancel not providing the service I signed up for

7 REPLIES 7

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/new-ofcom-code-of-practice-for-uk-broadband-isp-speeds...

* Estimates for upload speed must now be included, although the MGALS rule only applies to download performance (Ofcom promised to look at this again in the next review because “we did not consider that poor upload speeds were, in themselves, likely to affect most users’ experiences to the degree that a general right to exit was warranted at this stage“).

* The new code must reflect the impact of network contention during busy peak-times (8-10pm for residential customers and 12-2pm for businesses). Speeds may sometimes get a little slower during busy periods because more people are online and related connections need to share their network capacity between many users in order to be affordable (experiences vary between ISPs).

* Providers must now show the line’s MGALS download speed before sale (at present you only receive the MGALS figure upon request).

* Providers will be given 1 month to resolve a problem where the speed falls below the MGALS level and if they fail then the customer must be allowed to exit their contract, penalty free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ar1mdb I'm sorry to hear of your experience here, I fully understand how frustrating this must be for you.  We'll always try and provide a stable service, but we can never guarantee a perfect service at all times, as there are many factors outside of our control. we have several ways we can help you get the most of your service including a fantastic customer service team, dedicated technical teams, and an extremely knowledgeable and helpful social media team. If definitely recommend reaching out to them here for any updates on your ongoing issues. 

Still going down and is down at the moemnt

Can we get someone to call me to cancel

Hi @ar1mdb, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues, in order to discuss cancellation you would need to call 191 from a Vodafone mobile or alternatively call 03333 040 191 from any phone. We would like to have a closer look at your connection though, to do this could you contact us by following this link where we can do some further tests.

OldHowie

I’m all for quitting with Vodafone my broadband speeds are bad despite them promising to sort it out and my phone coverage is always sketchy and now my contract is coming to and end they want to charge my more per month !!!

Billic

I agree, also they have the cheek to increase their charges by well over inflation 

just months after I renewed my contr

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The increase was written into the contract, I presume you read it?