main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

SNR Margin

2: Seeker

I have recently installed a VDSL faceplate + better quality cable, could my SNR margin be reduced or reset?

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
4: Newbie

hello!

If you have made any improvements to your set up that you feel should imporve the line speeds, DLM should take care of this in a few days after you make the change. If its on Fibre, it will automatically see that it can gain more speeds and will increase any caps that were placed due to teh previously faulty equipment.

View more options

Okay thank you

View more options
14: Advanced member

what is your snr and sync speed

View more options

SNR Margin:

Down: 10.3 dB

Up: 6 dB

Data rate:

Down: 28.7 Mbits/s

Up: 8.9 Mbits/s

View more options

with a snr of 10.3.  your internet speed should raise to about 40meg or more download speed i would have thought ., most of the time your speed will go up in a few days ,can some time take a few weeks , and some times the D L M decide that its going to stay where it is and you need a D L M RESET 

View more options

Yeah I thought a DLM reset would help also is 187037 Upload FEC Corrections in 19 hours something to worry about.

View more options

its not the best but still is low and should not really affect you too much unless it starts crashing the router and causing re sync etc or you feel like the load times on website seem slow etc 

read this it make help 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/60-000-fec-corrections-every-3-seconds-and-real...

View more options

Alright, appreciate the help

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ar0n, DLM will work in the background to make everything as stable as possible. Once it's done this it monitors the quality of service for a while, and will adjust your speed profile if everything looks to be good. Some lines are not the greatest of quality, so there’s an odd occasion where the SNR margin remains out a little bit.

Give it a week or so to settle down.

Blair

View more options