Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Silver account status to gold status

alecmarsh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

My order has been cancelled twice without my knowledge and vodafone have advised that I need to get in touch with open reach to change my silver address to a gold address. After spending hours waiting open reach have advised me that Vodafone need to send an ORDI request which is standard procedure and cannot help on this matter.

Please can someone help as I have been stuck without internet for a month after Vodafone have already cut my internet off after being with them for 6 months. They registered my address incorrectly with BT and now I have to go through the whole installation process again. Vodafone have denied responsibility for an ordi request even though they carried one out first time round. Vodafone, please get in touch ASAP. 

12 REPLIES 12

Joe
4: Newbie

@alecmarsh Hi there, that's really strange :Hmm_Face: That you'd a connection before now, as Vodafone at present can only provide to Gold addresses . We'd be more than happy to look in to this for you, I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will be back in touch as soon as we can. Joe

I had connection because you very kindly upgraded next doors house from silver to gold free of charge when you registered my address wrong and charged me for it (£60 connection fee). BT then came and connected the line to my house (5a) not 5 and my neighbour has now moved in and took over the line and disconnected it. BT have clearly stated an ordi request needs to be raised by Vodafone to update my address on their records. Not one of your team is in agreement of this and parring me off back to BT and blaming them. All i’m trying to do is get my internet line re-installed but it seems to tough for Vodafone or BT to agree on who’s responsible for updating my address. I’ve private messaged you. 

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for the further information @alecmarsh, that's helpful. 

Have you now had a response to your PM? 

Blair

andrew_smith
1: Seeker

Hello, I have exactly this same problem. My order was cancelled without knowing and upon calling up I was told that I have to get Openreach to change my account from silver to gold. I contacted Openreach who have confirmed that Vodafone need to raise an ORDI request with them. Can anyone help?

Ross
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @andrew_smith! Openreach are correct in what they say, however as a provider we don't process ORDI requests. The option to process ORDI requests differs between providers- some do and some don't. If you find another provider who'll raise an ORDI request, this would put the phone line in a position that we could take over for you afterwards. As it stands at the moment, we wouldn't be able to process an order on a silver address. Sorry about this. Ross 

Hi Andrew,

I have the same problem with the ORDI request to upgrade my address from Silver to Gold.

Have you had any luck in rectifying this?

Thanks

I called in about 2 weeks ago where I was told that a request was put in. I just want to get connected.

Openreach will not help and insist that I get a phone. They called our block a pure fibre area and each unit has a fibre receiver in with no error lights on, but no one in our area is connected as the addresses are on silver.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kuturkokov I know just how exciting having Fibre can be! So a member of our team can get this looked into for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username. 

Hi, 

Sorry if I'm posting this incorrectly, I hope it's in the right place!

I too am having a torrid time trying to get my address from Silver to Gold.  We don't have a phone line into the property yet as openreach are due to fit one in August. I have spoke to the Broadband team at vodafone and they can't help until the address is at Gold status. 

Openreach have said this  "Vodafone need to be ordering a PSTN line and once that is installed the address will change to gold and then you can order broadband"

Please can someone help me or direct me to the right department? 

Thanks

Scott