main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Superfast 2 wifi boost v’s BT wifi discs

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have just signed up for Superfast 2. I was wondering how the booster works. Can I boost more than one device at a time? What range is it good for and how long can I boost for?

Currently with BT and we have discs around the house to guarantee wifi in every room. 
I live in a bungalow and without the discs we struggle for a wifi signal to the bedrooms. 

View more options
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Sinkydude, thanks for getting in touch. 

The Device Boost feature lets you prioritise the signal of a chosen device for an even faster signal. This is ideal when, for example, when one user might want a faster connection to stream a movie, while another user on the same network only wants to browse social media or send emails. It's not used to help boost the reach of Wi-Fi particularly. 

To enable Device Boost:

1. Open the Vodafone Broadband app
2. From the dashboard, select the Device Boost option underneath the Connected Devices tile
3. You’ll now see a list of all the devices connected to your Vodafone Broadband. Select the device you’d like to boost, and then choose how long you want the boost to last
4. Your chosen device will now be boosted, and you’ll be able to see how much boost time is left 
5. To stop boosting your device, simply select the Stop boost option next to the time remaining

View more options