Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The broadband drops the connection 12:00:01 AM

gregbank
3: Seeker

Hi All,

My broadband drops the internet connection after the midnight and it magically fixes itself around 4:00 AM. This is happening on daily basis. When the internet goes down the red light flashes and the router says that my line is not active. I did run the diagnostic on my line (during the day time) and there is no fault found. I'm really tempted to believe that vodafone is running some maintenance and it 'forgotten' to tell its users. I was OK with this to start off but I'm getting crossed now as this time of the night I'm usually doing some work which requires internet connection. 

Any help or comments are very welcome.

Ps: to remove any ambiguity this message has been sent using my mobile phone 🙂

Regards,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The only suggestion you are likely to get from Vodafone on here is to contact them on social media.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

gregbank

Any moderator from Vodafone to comment on this ??

Jayach

The only suggestion you are likely to get from Vodafone on here is to contact them on social media.

Follow up - the issue is hopefully resolved now. It was some kind of outage that Vodafone was already aware of. It's pretty much annoying that the Vodafone already known about it but they stay low so they don't have to compensate the users for the outage .... I thought that Vodafone has reached the bottom but they still managing to surprise me on this.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll need to run a test on your line at the time that you're experiencing the issue @gregbank, to see if we can find out what's casing to drop. So we can get the ball rolling, please drop us a DM over over on Twitter or Facebook here and we'll help you investigate 👍

Amivictoria

This is happening to me too

Ripshod

Vodafone were having some broadband problems yesterday but since about midday Monday it all seems to have been resolved.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/vodafone/  

Noo mine always cuts at midnight did it again last night it’s every day now I’m getting sick of being told it must have been a temporary outage or there was nothing wrong… no vodaphone 100’s of people say the same thing happens… it’s not us our routers and devices etc when we alll experience the same thing day in day out they need to do better 

Ripshod

How long does it disconnect for? Most maintenance occurs during the night so it would be reasonable for disconnects to occur around these times. That is not Vodafone, it's Openreach/Cityfibre.

Cynric

@Amivictoria I don't believe that it is 100's and are you talking about broadband or mobile phone because you have posted the same in four places around this site. If it's the broadband then please post the relevant section of the router log so we can see if there's anything unusual.