Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thg3000 slow and internet led flashing white + errors

clarkey1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, I noticed this morning that things seemed a little slow, speed test reveled a paltry 0.3mb/s download speed, I also saw that the internet led on the front is flashing white, so I started with a power off and on, then a factory reset, which has given me about 5mb/s of speed, but still significantly slower than usual, as 45 ish is around the norm, the flashing white LED remains.

I've also been into the event log and the following errors persist, seemingly all of the time...

CONNECTION: Failed to create socket.

SOCK_TRACE: cwmp_CreateClientSocket - no ip to bind on interface wan - fail.

UBUS_CLIENT: Failed to retrieve external IP address

If I look at the status tab from the 192.168.1.1 main page it also states PPP session uptime as having no connection, although what the significance of that is I don't know.

I've tried checking for a firmware update but it just says online firmware update cannot start, wo whether it's just broken, or there isn't a new one available i don't know, I'm currently on 19.4.0551-3261103 if that helps.

Any ideas people?

Many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your router isn't connected. Flashing white means it trying to authenticate with Vodafone. (it has connected to the local cabinet, or it would be flashing red)

I can't believe you are getting any speed test results.

You will need to contact Vodafone. Try live chat: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

If you prefer to call try: 08080 034 515

Thanks a lot. I've since seen a thread on a local Facebook community group asking if anyone else is having problems with Vodafone broadband, and there are at least ten responses of people stating that they are all experiencing issues, so it looks like a localised problem that isn't just me.

Although despite lacking any pace I do still have a working internet connection, my pc did a load of updates earlier on and our Alexa is still able to stream Amazon music and Spotify, so somehow it still works.

Jayach

@clarkey1984 wrote:

Although despite lacking any pace I do still have a working internet connection, my pc did a load of updates earlier on and our Alexa is still able to stream Amazon music and Spotify, so somehow it still works.

Remarkable, you aren't on Pro and working off the 4G dongle?

Yes we do have the 4G backup dongle which I'd forgotten about so that explains it.

And we're back, a link speed of 53.1mb reported by the Vodafone app, WiFi is giving me just over 45 so happy days, thanks for the help :Smiling:

Jayach

I've always thought that paying the extra for Pro was a waste of money, for the number of times you may need it.

But as you have proved, it's sometimes worth it.