main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Ultimate speed guarantee discount

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

If i am getting a SYNC SPEED of 15Mbps.....this guarantee is for a SYNC SPEED of 25Mbps yes?

Simple question really

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/guaranteed-speed

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/packages

vodafone4.png

vodafone3.png

vodafone.pngvodafone2.png

PS: Vodafone chat support seem to think I am making this information up 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Leigh76, as your Sync Speed is below the minimum guaranteed speed of 25Mbps, you'd get the 15% discount applied to your account. You can do this through the app and it'll automatically go onto your account.

When you activate the discount, our team will investigate your line of any faults and aim to fix any potential issues.

If the line doesn't have any issues, your discount will remain on the account for the remaining length of your contract.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
15: Advanced member

For the moment we can't see the images that you've uploaded.

Sync-speed is the data (bit-symbol) speed between the cabinet and your modem-router.  Data-rate/data-throughput should be similar, in a "perfect" system the two would be identical.

Page 3 of your joining letter should list "Your Broadband Speeds".  Vodafone will normally use the sync-rate as an indication of your "broadband speed", but if your data rate is significantly slower than the sync-rate then you would have a legitimate claim.  It is your data-throughput that if it is below your minimum download speed, that you should be complaining about!  Don't let customer services fob you off on this, you have signed up for a DATA-RATE and NOT a SYNC-RATE!

*Just be aware that you can't (normally) hold VF to account, if you are connecting to a server that has issues and can't keep up with the connection!

**Some VF customers are still having streaming issues, which is very definitely a VF problem!

View more options

Hi @Leigh76, as your Sync Speed is below the minimum guaranteed speed of 25Mbps, you'd get the 15% discount applied to your account. You can do this through the app and it'll automatically go onto your account.

When you activate the discount, our team will investigate your line of any faults and aim to fix any potential issues.

If the line doesn't have any issues, your discount will remain on the account for the remaining length of your contract.

View more options
2: Seeker

Vodafone offer a sync rate guarantee. 

I am currently receiving the applicable discount. 

The best speed package from any supplier where I live (North East town, NOT in the middle of the countryside....) is my current package of 12494 kbps down and 1153 kbps upload. (yes that's 1.54 megabyte per second down and 0.14 megabyte upload) wish ISP's would stop hiding behind Megabit speeds....... 😂)

And I get to pay the same price as faster services and get told I am on 'super fast fibre' lol 

View more options

You must be on quite a long landline if this is maximum speed you can achieve @Leigh76  

Blair

View more options