Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading to fttp Worst mistake ever

Colemanuk82
2: Seeker

Just recently moved house and within a few weeks the road was being dug up by city fibre in the center of Bournemouth. A few months later I received a letter saying I can upgrade to fttp. 

The worse mistake I've ever made!

The engineer came out to fit it and it worked for 2 hours untill it died and took them nearly 4 days to be fixed. 

It worked solidly for 4 weeks and then bam! It's dead again! That was 1 week a go!

Now it's been 7 days and no connection and I've been promised for the last 5 days engineers are working on finding the fault, I'm told the problem is complex with no ETA on a repair.

I've also been told if I wanted to go back to the rock solid fttc connection I use to have it would be a minimum of 2 weeks to swap. 

Terrible situation as my other half has to work from home.

Moral of the story if something is not broke don't fix it! If you're reading this don't "upgrade"....

3 REPLIES 3

Colemanuk82

Well it's still not fixed. Multiple promises been made- 3 times "it'll be fixed today" or tomorrow, "there are currently engineers working on it as we speak" 

in total I've phoned 7 times and lied to multiple occasions to get me off the phone. They open my records and I can hear the "oooohhh" on the phone. 

It's now been 11 days without a connection. And another 4 days it broke  before that. Approximately 40 days wice I was activated and 15 days with no service 

2 engineer visits that have suddenly vanished and not come back. 

I'm going to make it my mission in life to actively diss off Vodafone and city fibre as many places and to as many people as I can . Thanks for the fantastic customer service

@Colemanuk82 wrote:

I'm going to make it my mission in life to actively diss off Vodafone and city fibre as many places and to as many people as I can . Thanks for the fantastic customer service

The lines are managed by City Fibre so Vodafone are at their mercy and have to wait for them to fix the issues. 

It's frustrating but this is how it is in the UK. You have telecoms companies that provide the lines and then ISP's that connect their customers to those lines. Virgin Media is the only exception but Vodafone is a better ISP so switching would ultimately put you in a worse position.

Ask Vodafone support to raise a complaint. That should give your issue more urgency.

Thankfully it's been repaired. I understand that city fibre was in charge of the plumbing . The whole reason I'm annoyed is the fact that I was lied to multiple times, for example saying - it'll be fixed today or it's being worked on whilst we speak or it'll definitely be on tomorrow. We'll phone you later to let you know( not once did they phone).

A simple thing to say would have been- it could take a while and not make all these "promises" that I would have happily accepted as it was out of there control.