main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Vodafone Pro - Use My Own Router?

SOLVED
View solved solution
speedydan
3: Seeker

Hi.

I have Pro Gigafast 900 at home. Generally - it has been really good. I haven't particularly had any problems with the connection. Wired devices have been solid.

I do however have a problem with the 2 'super wifi' boosters I have setup. Either One of them will drop at random points throughout the day. They come back up within about a minute - but it's quite annoying to be trying to do something upstairs, and for the connection to drop! Contacting support, they say that the boosters are receiving a huge amount of wifi interference - and that I should try moving them.

I never had this problem with previous mesh networks I've had setup at home, so my question is - can I use my own router and set up my own mesh again?

Thanks in advance.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jayach
16: Advanced member

You can certainly do that, but it will be wasting the premium that you pay for Pro* and you will lose the 4G backup and VoIP phone.

Vodafone will provide the username and password required, probably the best way to get it is via live chat.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

*I am aware they no longer supply Gigafast 900 without Pro, I think that is a real con.

View solution in original position

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Jayach

You can certainly do that, but it will be wasting the premium that you pay for Pro* and you will lose the 4G backup and VoIP phone.

Vodafone will provide the username and password required, probably the best way to get it is via live chat.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

*I am aware they no longer supply Gigafast 900 without Pro, I think that is a real con.

View solution in original position

View more options
speedydan

This is really helpful, thanks.

View more options
Jayach

Another possibility would be to get a mesh and use it in AP mode hardwired to the Vodafone router and switch the Vodafone WiFi off. That way you keep the 4G backup and phone.

View more options
speedydan

Would I still be able to do this if I'm using a static IP?

View more options
Jayach

I can see no reason why that should change, Vodafone should still allocate the same I.P. irrespective of the router in use. 

View more options