cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can't Vodafone offer fibre broadband in my area, as other suppliers do?

ccoomber
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

My area is now officially a gigabit fibre zone CV36 5LE, and ultra fast fibre packages can be purchased from both Sky and BT.

I got a computer says NO! response from Vodafone when I asked to upgrade my existing package  (note just started a 18month contract)

Can anyone explain why? And when?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Effie

Hey @ccoomber I hope you're well 😊 It's great to hear that your area is able to get full fibre connections now!

I know it can be disappointing to hear that we can't provide a fibre line to your property right now when other networks can.

There are many reasons why this could be the case, the most likely though is that we simply don't have the availability to provide to your home just yet. As we expand our network and continue to grow the capacity of our fibre lines, we will be able to connect more and more of our customers up to full fibre. We're working really hard to make it so we can supply full fibre to as many properties across the UK as possible but this will take some time. 

As your area is now fibre capable, it may not be much longer until we can provide a line to your home. We don't have any specific dates for when this will be done but you can always check what we can provide you here 😁

Did you manage to get Fibre from Vodafone? 

I am in CV3 area and 1st house on my street can get Vodafone as some other provider has connected the house already but I can not. I can get the service from BT, Talk talk, EE and Sky. Seems like Vodafone is not interested in connecting homes and do the cable work from junction box to home and if you already have the fibre installed they will show your home on the system and provide the service. I have been calling them daily for the past 10 days and have been gathering pieces of information from their representatives but no clear answer and often asking to call back in a few days. 

No I have the choice of Sky (upto 500MBS) or BT (128MBS) only, at between £32-£45/month

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Samighias wrote:
Seems like Vodafone is not interested in connecting homes and do the cable work from junction box to home . 

I don't think that is the reason as it will be Openreach or CityFibre doing the cabling. (or more likely one of their contractors)

I think it is just that Vodafone are very bad at getting their systems up to date.