Welcome to Vodafone Community
I've just finished my 2 year contract for home broadband with Vodafone, and have been pretty disappointed. From the very beginning, the connection has been dropping several times a day. This happens in every room (near and far from router) and happens for about 15-20 seconds each time. It's REALLY frustrating when listening to the radio on my phone, when it'll cut out mid-interview and I miss stuff, or I just have to sit there while it comes back while I try and refresh a page. It really only affects my mobile that I notice (iPhone).
I've tried restarting the router etc.
Does anyone know why this might be? I will switch to Virgin or another provider if it's not easily resolved.
Hey @Meg00, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your internet connection and apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused.
Do you only have these issues over Wi-Fi, or do you get these drop outs on a wired connection too? If you have trouble keeping a stable connection on certain devices, you can using different channels:
Changing Wi-Fi Channels – Split SSID
You can do this by logging into your router menu:
- Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1
- Enter the password - vodafone
- In the top right, change this mode to expert mode
- Go to the Wi-Fi tab
- Scroll down and click on split SSID
- You’ll then see the two options, one for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, in each section, you’ll see the SSID name – we’d recommend changing the name to have a 2 and a 5 at the start, as you’ll then be able to identify which is which on your device.
- Hit apply
Using your phone
Using your computer
Give these a try and let me know if there's any improvement, if not I'll be happy to investigate further for you.