main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

WiFi dropping out

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, sorry this is a long one!! 

We moved to Vodafone broadband less than two weeks ago from EE as the deal seemed much better (yes I know the grass is never greener etc..) but I am at a loss what to do and vodafone are less than useless. Our router I am certain is the issue and not fit for purpose. It is connected to our computer by wired and it works a treat (much better than ee ever did) but we are four of a family and we all use WiFi (myself especially as my mobile doesn’t get a signal so I use WiFi calling all the time) it drops out at least every 4-5 mins and sometimes more than that! It’s beyond awful. We never had an issue with WiFi dropping with EE. I put a complaint in, only to get a call today to say everything is fine our line is good and speed is good, I argued the point I don’t have an issue with the speed of the intertnet...it’s great, what I have is an issue with the WiFi dropping. I suggested the router is not fit for purpose and they said it’s not a router issue or a line issue and they don’t guarantee the WiFi so not an issue with them. I’m appalled at the lack of interest and tempted to go to trading standards...any suggestions on what to do? My son has actually connected the EE router to the VF router and changed things with it, absolutely no idea what he did! It has helped a little but we are still getting drop outs. Can we remove the VF router altogether and just use the EE one? It was up to the job before we moved, they were just too expensive! 

Many help greatly appreciated. VF admins/moderators don’t bother replying...I’m still waiting from a phone call from you scheduled for yesterday between 1-2pm regarding signing onto my account (another long story!!) 

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

When I had an issue with my router which I hasten to add isn't a Vodafone one as i do not use Vodafone Home Broadband I found that splitting the frequencies in my router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then connecting to one and then the other resolved my issue as some devices prefer one over the other.

Other users of the Vodafone Connect Router have decided to replace that with a 3rd party router and say they have a better user experience.

I'm not saying that's what you should do @Dixxy19 

In my opinion a wifi connection is as important if not more important as more and people do not use or use wired connections less.

Unfortunately wifi can be unstable at times and as such trying another wireless channel also helped me too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options