Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

camera

mjbm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

why can't I connect my hot link and my doorbell cams to my home broadband?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be useful to give us just a tad more information, such as the makes and models, and what happens when you try to connect them.

*Be aware that there are some sites that ship directly from overseas who only supply WiFi items that conform to US regulations.  Such items can often not see 2.4GHz devices on channels 12 & 13.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @mjbm 

I haven't been able to find much info on the Maxwe doorbell, are there any manufacturers instructions or an App you can download? Seems they don't sell that particular model on their Website anymore!

For the hotlink camera, follow these instructions -

1.Download the APP(HDMiniCam) in APP Store or Google Play.
2.Press the ON/OFF button about 3 seconds to turn on the spy camera.
3.Find and connect the spy camera wifi hotspot in your phone WLAN setting. Or, scan the spy camera QR Code and connect your home 2.4GHz wifi in the App Device Settings-WiFi Config.
4.Watch the live video.
5.If you want to save the video, format the micro SD card before using it.

thank you. I'll try that again although I think it's what I've already done.

I have the paper instructions for the Maxwe cam. It worked in the beginning and then it stopped and it wouldn't connect back

now it recognises the cam, but it keeps saying it's online

how do you "connect your home 2.4GHz wifi in the App Device Settings-WiFi Config.", please?

Hi

https://whatsabyte.com/internet/what-is-wps-button/

I have a security camera that connects, and it's inbuilt web server sends the pictures directly back to the Manufacturer/Supplier, so no LOCAL access (it was a 'gift' as the original owner couldn't get it to work).

If I login to that remote server I can view the camera, but so can anyone else if they have a similar setup.

I do not use it because of the external access, so I am suspicious of cheap web-cams.

Thank you. I didn't know of the external access. Yeah this cheap spy cams I've bought have never worked properly