Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

connect firestick to internet

essjaykay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot get my Firstick to connect to Internet, connects to WiFi ok, but says "No Internet", just upgraded to fibre super broadband - worked ok before.  Everything else connects ok.  tried factory resets. Tried getting hlep through support line but endlessly on hold

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

When you say it connects to Wi-Fi O.K., does it get an IP address and does the router show it's connected?

I wonder if it's being blocked by Vodafone's parental controls? Log into the router and try changing the DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

Hi, yes it shows as connected, gets assigned an IP address, shows as "Excellent" connection!  Very frustrating as everything else seems to connect ok, Fire HD8, laptops, iphones.  IT just seems as thought the router is blocking internet access for this specific device.  Was working fine on network until I "upgraded" to the super fast fibre.  Firsestick works fine if I connect through an iphone hotspot, using data connection. Trying to get help from Vodaphone is an absolute nightmare

Jayach

@essjaykay wrote:

Trying to get help from Vodaphone is an absolute nightmare

You will not get many on here disagreeing with you on that.

@essjaykay wrote:

Was working fine on network until I "upgraded" to the super fast fibre. 

So was that from ADSL to Superfast, Superfast 1 to 2, or FTTC to FTTP? Did you get a new router?