main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

dlm reset after months of disconnections

Moderator (Retired)

@deltafx, CISAS is the next step in line for the complaint process once it has reached 56 days without any resolution from Vodafone. This letter enables you to further your complaint to CISAS and they will look at your case and start their own investigation. It's entirely up to you if you wish to pursue this with them or not. 

If you wish to speak with our Customer Relations team, please call the number on the letter and you can discuss your complaint further.

View more options
4: Newbie

had another engineer out to today tested my line said it's fine so I said can you reset DLM THEN..NO I AM NOT TRAINED TO DO THAT WHAT A JOKE IF LINE IS FINE RESET MY PROFILE ..called tec 2 oh want to monitor line for 24 hours plus your getting minimum speed guarantee.  I guarantee Vodafone will be sending a fourth engineer out soon watch this space. must cost them to keep sending engineers you would think they would want it sorted only nine mths to go wonder how many engineers I can get out in that time ..

View more options

anyone know what this is all about in log file vodafones modem 

16.05.201820:55:28Successful insmod hw_watchdog_bcm_modSystem
16.05.201820:55:28Successful insmod adslddSystem
16.05.201820:55:26Successful insmod bcmatmSystem
16.05.201820:55:26Successful insmod bcmxtmcfgSystem
16.05.201820:55:26Successful insmod qos_ingressSystem
16.05.201820:55:26Successful insmod btnSystem
16.05.201820:55:26Successful insmod wlSystem
16.05.201820:55:22Successful insmod bcm53125_hw_switch_modSystem
16.05.201820:55:22Successful insmod bcm9636x_hw_switch_modSystem
16.05.201820:55:22Successful insmod nb_rtSystem
Download

View more options
15: Advanced member

Insmod is normally seen when "modules" are loaded into a Linux kernel (such as the one that runs the VF Modem/Router).

Only VF could tell you what is going on here for sure.  Looking at the module names (such as watchdog) I would GUESS that some diagnostic code has been remotely downloaded onto your router.  I hasten to add that I am GUESSING here.

View more options

could it be a firmware update?

View more options

A bit more investigation and it looks as though this is a part of the standard boot process for the modem, as it loads it's standard kernel modules!

View more options

never seen that in the log before and believe me modem as rebooted many times?

View more options

so customer relations called today want to downgrade me to superfast one as super fast two just not working but wanted to charge me more than I am paying now getting discount as below speed guarantee I said your joking you want me to downgrade but charge me more no way.so they going to credit my account with at least two pounds a month till the end of the contract I also made them text and email me this while I was still on phone and that my contract with Vodafone still ends the same time. going to try for a week or so if still having trouble then push to leave without charge 

View more options

QUICK UPDATE  so  I have dropped down from super unreliable 2 down to super slow one connecting at 34 meg getting about 30meg download not disconnecting as much using my own router only paying £18 a month so going to put up for 8 months then look at leaving. could get 38meg download and rock solid with sky .?? 

View more options

It may not be much comfort, but BT has started rolling out an update that means we will all get the occasional disconnect and resync.  It's more aggressive than they've used historically and has a shorter memory, so in theory, if there are no problems your speeds should improve!

Has to be said that the way BT has implemented this leaves a lot to be desired!  It's supposed to take place in the dead of night, but this week our cabinet decided to start the process at 9 pm on a Saturday night.  It wouldn't be so bad but I've helped numerous neighbors out with their broadband and it hit all but those neighbors with Sky at the same time!

View more options

no disconnections in twenty days but the dlm as not reset connecting at 32300 ish i am on 40meg down are Vodaphone capping my speed .??? wouldn't surprise me .?  

View more options

I'm sorry for our delay in responding @deltafx, we're a little busier than usual across our social channels. If you're still experiencing this issue, contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK or though Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and one of dedicated advisers will be in touch.

View more options

don't have facebook or twitter?

View more options

23 days no dlm reset 

View more options

It's worth pointing out that Superfast 1 is not 40Mbps, it's UP TO 38Mbps.  In order to get that top line speed you still need to be sat pretty much on top of the cabinet.  No supplier that uses FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) can guarantee the top line speed to all their customers.  It's not capped as such, but the further you are away from the Openreach cabinet the lower your sync rates and data speeds!

View more options

got 38 meg when I was with sky . no reason shouldn't get the same with Vodafone  

View more options

25 days no dlm reset or disconnections. Vodafone are capping my speed

View more options

25 days no dlm reset or disconnections. Vodafone are capping my speed. 

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however, if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider. why does this keep happening when I go to btw performance test.? been like this forever with Vodafone .?

View more options

Hello @deltafx! If you don't have Social Media don't worry, you can still get in touch with us over Live Chat.

As we'll require account access to view your connection's performance we ask you get in touch via the above channel. We'll then be right on the case for you 😊 Ross

View more options

I have had many chats with Vodafone via chat you really think they are going to have a clue what I am talking about ..it will go like this are you connected to master socket have you tried restating modem .plus I am using my own modem as Vodafone's is rubbish they will say it needs to be plugged for us to help which defeats the object.

View more options