main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

fiber optic connector type used

JOHNTURNER
2: Seeker

I NEED TO EXTEND MY FIBRE OPTIC CABLE SUPPLIED TO RELOCATE THE ROUTER FURTHER INTO MY HOUSE. WHAT IS THE CONNECTOR TYPE AND CABLE SIZE USED. THANKS

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Jack

Hi @JOHNTURNER Are you on our standard home broadband or our Gigafast service?

View more options
KeithAlger
16: Advanced member

*The wall-mounted GPON/ONT units connect to the router using a standard ethernet cable.  All you should need is a longer high-quality ethernet cable between the two supplied pieces of equipment. 

*You really should not be relocating the GPON/ONT!

View more options
JOHNTURNER
2: Seeker

i NEED TO GET VODAPHONE TO OK A RECALL TO MY ADDRESS FOR CABLE UPDATE TO 10M HOW DO I DO THIS ?

View more options
Jayach
15: Advanced member

@JOHNTURNER

I think your caps lock is stuck.

View more options
Mark

If you pop us a message through one of our social channels @JOHNTURNER, we'll be able to look into this for you and if possible, make any necessary changes to your Broadband access point.

View more options
BobH
4: Newbie

You don't need fiber optic cable to move your router.  Just plug a standard CAT6 (with RJ45 connecters) network cable into the hub and then into the box on the internal wall.

View more options