cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Control : How can I get it removed?

chris10122
Not applicable
Hi, is there any other way apart going to a shop to remove the Content Control on my mobile dongle, I called up vodafone but as I only have debit cards, and not any credit cards they told me they could not remove it, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You'll find some FAQs about Content Control here - assuming that you're the account holder, the answer for Contract is either to contact Customer Services on 191, or take your credit card or other form of ID into a Vodafone store.

Annie.

View solution in original position

56 REPLIES 56

gaz23g
4: Newbie
Hi Chris is your phone contract and in your own name? if not then the only way to identify who you are and your age is with a credit card i know it's a pain but you could be anybody or any age and if voda unblocked the restriction then you turned out to be 12 year old a lot of hard questions would be asked as to why etc!! and i suspect voda would leave themselves open to big fines for it. Hope this ans your question, i don't work for voda but this is going on my own companies policies which i think would be very similar to voda's.
if you can help with a problem great do it. If your just here to ###### people off then sod off!!

joeking
4: Newbie

Hi, is there any other way apart going to a shop to remove the Content Control on my mobile dongle, I called up vodafone but as I only have debit cards, and not any credit cards they told me they could not remove it, thanks.

I just registered online, then went into the nearest Vodafone shop and it was removed from there.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi chris10122

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around :).
I can see our fourm members have been quick to help out here (Thanks :)). Unfortunately as this is a pay as you go account there is no way to prove your age, you would need to go into a store to get the content control lifted.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sukhi
eForum Team

filthybeast
Not applicable

Hi chris10122

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around :).
I can see our fourm members have been quick to help out here (Thanks :)). Unfortunately as this is a pay as you go account there is no way to prove your age, you would need to go into a store to get the content control lifted.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sukhi
eForum Team

hi sukhi,
i have a pay as you go dongle , i am 38 years old and have had no end of grief trying to remove this age restriction lark, i have registered at least 4 times to various vodafone forum or help sites ( which seems a bit excessive to me ) to no avail,
is there any chance you can get this lifted for me as i have some important e-mails i cannot recover at this present time
yours waiting chris

Retired-David_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi filthybeast,

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the eForum.

The only way you are going to be able to get this removed is to visit a Vodafone retail store and they will do this for you. The only alternative is if you have a credit card this can be done on My Account online.

Let us know how you get on.

David
eForum Team

UKJason1
Not applicable

Hahaha I just logged on with mine for the first time.

Was impressed until content controll popped up.
Not another night not being able to get onto ############

J

GeorginaRy
1: Seeker

I have just realized I'm blocked from tech and music sites.Nothing even mildly illegal.What a load fd b******s! I've never heard of an Internet provider playing big brother-Berners-Lee would be horrified, I'm sure.

Surely it's the responsability of parents to watch what there offspring is downloading?

Listen pal, If you find a way-post it for me(otherwise it's a 120 mile round trip to visit nearest store.

I will probablypick up a 3 donglw whil i'm there.

Thanks, Georgina

I mean-seriously! What kind of idiot; presumably in the top ranks thinks ' ...Right, I'm up here in my communication{ie;ivory} tower-presiding over my information hungry public/paying customers...I know I'LL LIMIT THERE ACCESS!'

It's laughable...they dont even try to pass it off as a gimmic(Your children are safe with us-nothing will POP UP in their sweet little faces if you are infact to stupid, or to lazy to limit their access yourselves!)

'their access'- type quickly when vexed;(