Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805 won't load - Error 2738

Perksy9
Not applicable
I have just got a K3805 Dongle and have made several attempts to load the software by plugging the dongle into my lap top. All seems well until it starts to install when I get the following:

"Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action"

I have also tried to load the software from the vodafone website that will allow me to use my dongle. At installation I just get an window telling me that the wizard has been interupted and the it wil finish.

Can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Perksy9,

Can you confirm for us what version of Windows you're using, and whether this is 32bit or 64bit? I suspect this may be a Windows 7 issue that we've previously reported to Microsoft - unfortunately there is currently no fix for this, as it's not just our software that's encountering the problem.

If you're on anything other than Windows 7, let us know, as we might be able to fix it :)

Jon

eForum Team

Perksy9
Not applicable
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Windows Vista.

I found a solution on the forum where someone else had this problem and it has worked perfectly.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Perksy9,

That's great to hear - it's also what's so great about the eForum...an answer can be provided for one person but be seen by everyone should they have the same problem in future.

If you have any other queries, drop us a line!

DaveN

eForum Team