Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RAS error 628 - nothing work !

n_khaznadar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello ,

I bought K3565 and i am running win 7 64bit. i am not able to connect. I tried changing the APN like you said in older post but nothing change still the same msg pops up every time .. please i need help :Sad_face:

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi n_khaznadar, welcome to the eForum!

I'm not sure which older post you're referring to, but the error 628 is one of the common errors covered in our Mobile Broadband Troubleshooting thread.

Whilst the solution listed here is along the same lines as what you appear to have tried, you may not have made the changes the correct way, so please check out this thread and give that a try.

Dave

eForum Team

Thank you Dave for your concern and quick reply.

the thread you supplied to me says the following:

Issue:

After installing the latest mobile broadband software - VMB 10.1 - you might see error code 628.

Resolution:

Check that VMB is set to connect to correct account type. This can be done as follows:

Click on the red icon at the top left of VMB
Click Options
Click Account Type
Ensure you're set to Pre-Pay if you're on PAYG or Contract if you're on Contract
-----------------------

The Account Type is set to Pre-Pay from the first and the same error keeps to pop up :Sad_face: ..

Hi n_khaznadar

There are two separate APN’s for PAYG, so just checking it’s on pre pay isn’t sufficient in this case.

If you have the older type SIM with unexpiring 1GB data the APN is pp.internet

If you have the newer type 30 day time limit 3GB allowance APN is ppbundle.internet

In both cases the user name and password is WEB

To check this is correct for your SIM type, go to Manage Connections, click on the APN tab, then check and update the APN accordingly.

If this is all OK and it still fails to connect, you could try and set up a DUN (Dial Up Network) as follows:

Set up Internet APN.

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
3. In the Phone and Modem Options window, click the Modems tab.
4. Select Standard Modem and click Properties.
5. In the Standard Modem Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
6. In the Extra initialization commands field, type the following:
+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet"
Note: You change internet to your appropriate APN e.g pp.internet or ppbundle.internet
7. Click OK.
8. In the Phone and Modem Options window, click OK.

Configuring DUN

1. Go to Start > Settings > Network Connections.
  2. Double-click New Connection Wizard. The New Connection Wizard opens.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Select the Connect to the Internet option. Click Next.
  5. Select Set up my connection manually. Click Next.
  6. Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Click Next.
  7. If the Select a Device screen appears, select the Modem - Standard Modem check box. Click Next.
  8. In the ISP Name field, type a name for your connection. Click Next.
  9. In the Phone number field, type *99#. Click Next.
  10. Type the user name and password provided by your service provider. Click Next.
  11. Click Finish.
  12. In the Connect window, click Properties.
  13. In the Properties window, verify that Modem - Standard Modem appears beneath the Connect using heading, then click Configure.
  14.  In the Modem Configuration window, clear the Enable hardware flow control check box and make sure none of the other check boxes are selected. Click OK. In the Properties window, click OK.

This will allow the modem to connect without using VMC, so it’s a way of showing if VMC is at fault.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Hello Trev,

thanks for you reply.

I changed the APN it was "browse" and try to reconnect and still giving the same error :Sad_face: .

I creat an APN and then configured a DUN . but when connecting it gives me error 692 : There was a Hardware failure in the modem ( or other connecting device).

Hi n_lhaznadar,

Which APN did you try? A RAS692 error would point to problems with connection settings and is most likely using the wrong APN for your product.

Could you also post your ms32info log so we can have a look?

• Go to Start Menu
  • Type msinfo32 in the search bar and hit return to open the System Configuration Utility
  • Select File and Export- Enter a file name and save the file 

Thanks
BenJ
eForum 

Hello BenJ,

I tried the ppbundle.internet APN because its the new one which expire every month.

regarding the ms32info, what info exactly you want me to post ? its gigantic info to post.

Hi n_khaznadar

Strange I would have thought that would resolve the issue.

Have you tried just running the DUN from control panel > network sharing centre? 

If you attach it as a .ZIP file I will be able to get this log

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

i had the same issue, spent hours trying to fix this.

this is how i got it working:

on the dial up number use either *99# or *99***1#

but the main thing i changed was the APN to "SMART". i am using connect lite v9.4.4

also applied this setting on extra initialization command option of the modem.

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","SMART"

(using windows 7) control panel, phone and modem, click modems tab, click properties button, click advanced tab.

simply copy and paster this:

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","SMART"

i am using connect lite v9.4.4

windows 7 64bit

mobile connect K3565 r2