cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3565 Dongle - I Get 'get profile failed' Error Message On Connecting The Dongle

SEAGAL
Not applicable
when ever i tried to connect my USB k3565 model i keep getting the error message of GET PROFILE FAILED- my laptop is hp pavilion 9000
can someone help me out.
thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there SEAGAL,

Sorry to see you're having problems with your dongle.

Can you try it in a different machine to see if the error you are reporting re-occurs?

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

SEAGAL
Not applicable

Hi there SEAGAL,

Sorry to see you're having problems with your dongle.

Can you try it in a different machine to see if the error you are reporting re-occurs?

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

hi LeeH
I HAVE TRIED IT ON A DIFFERENT MACHINE AND IT HAS WORKED WELL BUT NOT ON MY MACHINE.
THANKS,
SEAGAL

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi SEAGAL,

Thank you for your reply. This is an issue I've come across plenty of times before, so you'll be pleased to hear that I do have a fix for you :).

The reason this error occurs is because the "Remote Access Service Connection Manager" within Windows can't be started, this is needed in order for VMC to connect. This can be resolved as follows:

-Click Start
-Click Run/Search
-Type in services.msc and then hit run/search, this will load the Windows Services Menu
-Scroll down the list and right click Telephony
-Left Click Properties
-Ensure Startup Type is set to Automatic
-Repeat the above with Remote Access Connection Manager and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
-Restart your PC

Once you've done this, load up VMC and try to connect again, you should find that it's working now :).

Let me know how you get on.

George
eForum Team

SEAGAL
Not applicable

Hi SEAGAL,

Thank you for your reply. This is an issue I've come across plenty of times before, so you'll be pleased to hear that I do have a fix for you :).

The reason this error occurs is because the "Remote Access Service Connection Manager" within Windows can't be started, this is needed in order for VMC to connect. This can be resolved as follows:

-Click Start
-Click Run/Search
-Type in services.msc and then hit run/search, this will load the Windows Services Menu
-Scroll down the list and right click Telephony
-Left Click Properties
-Ensure Startup Type is set to Automatic
-Repeat the above with Remote Access Connection Manager and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
-Restart your PC

Once you've done this, load up VMC and try to connect again, you should find that it's working now :).

Let me know how you get on.

George
eForum Team

hi GEORGE,
i have done all of the above but yet still, it cannot connect i keep on getting the "get profile failed" messages.
thanks,
seagal

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi SEAGAL,

To be honest, if the issue resolves on another machine, then this indicates no problems with the dongle.

I recommend you contact Microsoft Support for further information on resolving this issue.

Many thanks,

LeeH
eForum Team