main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

Roo 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well add me to the list.

Can't watch anything on Amazon Prime.

And I'll be writing to Ofcom in a moment.

I've been waiting on the "24/7" chat for over 30mins now too.

"Vodafone: All our agents are currently assisting other customers. The next available agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience."

Appalling service.

View more options

I'm trying to remain patient but am losing any patience I had left. Also asked to send repeated speedtests through to their "Converged Tech2" team. I'm not expected them to come back and say "oh we found the issue, it was us not having enough backhaul or bandwidth".

Like I've said before it's such a shame because Vodafone's mobile network is actually pretty decent for data and voice.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Yep agreed - Ironically Ive just signed up to a very good 12 month Vodafone Sim only deal with cashback as my previous mobile provider decided upon themselves that I was no longer 'allowed' to use the data I buy every month, for the purpose of streaming TV.  The only reason Im having to use 4g for this in the first place is because my Vodafone home broadband simply buffers every 5 seconds but works perfectly on Vodafones 4G - lol

Jimbo

View more options
Roo 2: Seeker

As I wasn't able to contact an advisor, I've just fired my complaint off using https://www.resolver.co.uk

If it's not satisfactory resolved, they help you escalate it to OFCOM.

I would recommend everybody with this issue does the same as me.

If Vodafone realise just how many people are unhappy, they may be forced to look into the issue correctly.

Else if our complaints are unresolved  OFCOM will get inundated and have to look at Vodafones practices.

It literally took me less than five minutes to complain.

View more options
6: Helper

Hey! add me to the list,

1080p/720p 60 with a VPN = No Buffering.

1080p/720p 60 without a VPN = Good luck watching Summit kiddo.

FeelsBadMan

I'm not sure if this is helpful what so ever?

1080p 60

help1.png

720p

720.png

View more options

Attachments

3: Seeker

AD2605DF-D64E-4D73-9019-812FA3C304B9.jpeg

Tonight’s Ofcom test results.  

View more options

So I can basically achieve little more than I could ten years ago!  

View more options
4: Newbie

In this thread I performed some tests with a friend (who gets full speeds on fast.com) to try and rule out as many variables as possible. The last test I did was very interesting. Here is a summary: we both downloaded exactly the same file and got a huge speed difference. The routes to the host are identical apart from the initial dslgb.com one yet I get slow she gets fast.

Yet that host is also used for any outgoing route of mine and some of them are at maxed out speed.

View more options
10: Established

Pretty much circular,   it should be against trade description to call themselves a broadband provider.

We are 8 weeks in since this problem started and the kinder garden moderators on here still think it's a invidiual user issue, I don't think any of them have been trained in any kind of I.T background - most are just copying and pasting from a script.

My personal advice get your price down as much as you can go then install a 2nd phone line and get a new broadband connection then cancel down vodatheives once your out of contract - positive news is that ofcom have been in touch with me and are requesting some tehical details, they are also in contact with a number of other users so hopefully some legal progress is in the works against this company. 

View more options
10: Established

Joe.... 

Stop Copying and Pasting - EVERYONE has this problem on here why not um.... fix it? 

report it as a major problem instread of pretending it's an invidiual user issue,  Are you actually trained or just copying and pasting everything? 

View more options

Hi. For months now hd streams constantly pause. Cant watch any hd channels without constant pausing ever 10 seconds or so. 

Ive tried online help but they never see it through and i just give up. Have spoken to help and they always promise to call back but never do.

Been plugin and unplugging cables. Speed tests etc etc. But still my broadband at ho.e.wont let me stream HD content without pausing. 

I realy do need some serious help as its driving my family insane. 

Im supposed to get 70 plus Mb. Why is this happening? Help!!

View more options
14: Advanced member

Think you need to read this they are loads of posts saying the same thing

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/m-p/262...

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of customers, not all apparently, are suffering the same problem. It started mid November 2018 and causes a problem with some streaming, downloading etc. Some speedcheckers are unaffected and will give you OK results, others (including amusingly the "London - Vodafone" ookla/spedtest server) will give very poor results, "fast.com" the speedtest service aimed at testing Netflix is similarly affected.

From the looks of it it is a big issue with some parts of the Vodafone core infrastructure, undercapacity or throttling.

Some users are using VPNs to get round the issue, as the traffic gets routed differently, but you shouldn't really have to.

View more options
14: Advanced member
View more options

Seeing the speeds at which my IPTV max out, on a 38Mbps Fibre connection with 40Mbps sync speed anything beyond 4.2 MBps will not work. There is definitely throtlling going on, I am waiting for either Vodafone price increase or might buy out the contract just to get out of this mess.

View more options

Totally agree with you on the throttling Vinny.

It isn't affecting everyone though, which is interesting. Possibly affecting all customers in certain geographical locations?

@RIPTwitch - If I understand your twitch output correctly it looks like your download speed has absolutely no chance of keeping up with the 1080p bitrate (2-4Mbps vs 7-9Mbps). It looks like most of the time it keeps up with the 720p one, but at times dips below it so you probably get buffering then.

Vinny and RIPTwitch - would you mind sharing where you are located?

View more options

Hi Deanstenner,

Out of interest what services are you streaming (e.g. Netflix, twitch etc) and whereabouts are you located?

View more options

@vodz My location is Harrow, London (HA5 postcode)..

View more options

I've been suffering from issues while streaming video (netflix, twitch) for the past 3 months and thought it was a problem with my wi-fi. I came across this forum and after reading other people's posts realised it's not.

Twitch is unable to maintain 1080p and netflix can't reach 4k. Looking at the statistics it looks like the download rate will oscillate between 2.4 and 2.6 mbps so it looks like it might be deliberately throttled per user.

So just another complaint to add to the pile I guess.

View more options

Hi Next, welcome to the club!

Would you mind sharing whereabouts you are located? I'm just trying to gather a bit of data on other affected customers.

View more options