cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Here is mine.

C:\Users\Callum>tracert speedtest.vodafone.co.uk

Tracing route to speedtest.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.159.229]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  vodafone.broadband [192.168.1.1]
  2    21 ms    17 ms    22 ms  host-212-158-250-33.dslgb.com [212.158.250.33]
  3    18 ms    18 ms    19 ms  63.130.127.221
  4    21 ms    21 ms    21 ms  213.185.195.233
  5  213.185.195.233  reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Shame cr@ppy gateway that I connect through as well.  Would be interesting to see if VF users on the 40/10 service use different gateways than those on 80/20.

@mbames wrote:

Shame cr@ppy gateway that I connect through as well.  Would be interesting to see if VF users on the 40/10 service use different gateways than those on 80/20.

Maybe.

Please post if you're using Superfast 1 or 2 :Smiling:

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, if you’re experiencing Home Broadband speeds which are only resolved when you connect to a VPN, I’ve sent you a private message with steps on how to get in touch.  

We’d like to look into this and may need to give you a call to complete some diagnostics before escalating further. When you get in touch, please also provide us with a few dates and times that would suit for a chat.

@Jenny, according to @TJ this problem is already being investigated. Is this the follow up that was promised?

Well Ive got the problem with streaming live tv which only works when connected to a VPN since November but yet no private message from you Jenny - is that because Ive got a 'call in progress' at the moment about it?  I hope so.

Jimbo

There now removing posts - guess that's the progress then.

Screen Shot 02-10-19 at 06.52 PM.JPG

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Curiously I've been on the phone with the Directors Office this afternoon, and they have once again said that they have investigated my fault (which is the standard slow network issue) and determine there is no fault at all.  So I am confused as to how Social Media support it has been passed to Level 3.  Maybe there is no communication within VF Towers..... or the email got stuck a backlog!

(images: someone said to post as gifs, as they appear immediately, rather than needing to be authorised)

@mbames wrote:

Curiously I've been on the phone with the Directors Office this afternoon, and they have once again said that they have investigated my fault (which is the standard slow network issue) and determine there is no fault at all.  So I am confused as to how Social Media support it has been passed to Level 3.  Maybe there is no communication within VF Towers..... or the email got stuck a backlog!

(images: someone said to post as gifs, as they appear immediately, rather than needing to be authorised)

We'll be on level 10 - The final tech support boss, before anything is done...

They should be ashamed that this is there jobs and the lengths they are going too just to deny an issue, I honestly don't know they sleep at night.