cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Run away. Cancel

Or join the c with 3.5Mbps on Gigafast Optical cable. 

@Mozambezi wrote:

It would be interesting to find out how much throughput you are from Sync speed?

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

Sometimes in the low 70s.

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

It would be interesting to find out how much throughput you are from Sync speed?

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

On 900/900 ?????

@Mozambezi wrote:

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

Right now, 65.6 Mb/s

On 900/900 ?????

Oops I wish. 72/18

Line is 80/20. So you are getting about full speed.

Now on 100/100

Google HTML5 23Mbps

Netflix 8Mbps

mrmarkyuk

Joe

None of that works - you have hundreds of customers on here (and adsl guide) all with this problem, making changes to the equipment has no effect - Please stop being a problem thinking it's the end user at fault everything our side is perfect, we've proved with using a vpn (this hides what kind of traffic is being used) and gives us buffer free viewing,  once we hit back onto the vodafone network the throttling kicks in.

Can you tell us what you plan to do to fix this problem, now that you can see others are also experiencing this problem can you tell us what you plan to do next to fix this issue - Please Joe talk with your network department about this,  you have customers on mass all with this issue logically you have to think we have a problem. 

If your unable to fix the issue please arranage for us to leave for another broadband service, at the moment your not providing your customers with a service other than viewing webpages - maybe reduce the cost of leaving early as a good will gesture, just something because we are desperate. 

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

QUESTION ?  if you moved to bt broadband would that also change the route

Hi joe. Numerous requests to carry out speed tests. To ignore some of the test to some of your locations because they’re always poor!!!! Alternate router, alternate DNS.  Only time I could get consistent results was with the alternate router set to vpn outside Vodafone network. I have come to the conclusion that because you don’t operate services relying on streaming, as most of the big providers do, that no one has been improving your infrastructure and you’re relying on managing to just about keep up your speeds so folk are locked in. 

Hi TJ

i am having the same issue, can you please contact me?

ihave been on multiple support calls about this and it seems from these forums you know about iptv issues but are not helping customers. Very poor