cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than having an friend on Voda to compare I have observed the same behaviour.

There is not even a long route to the Netflix Voda CDN (as intended by design!!!) so there can't be too many places for them to look.

Tracing route to ipv4-c003-bbs001-vodafoneuk-isp.1.oca.nflxvideo.net [90.255.251.234]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.100.1]
  2    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com [212.158.250.32]
  3    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  63.130.127.221
  4    17 ms    16 ms    16 ms  90.255.251.234

Trace complete.

The other big give away for me is the fact the performance is poor 24/7. A lot of people in some other tech/internet forums immediately point at congestion, but coupled with the fact I can usually get theoritical max line speed to (my preferred) speedtest server 24/7 - which goes through the same first 3 hops as poor services leads me to conclude that this is not pure congestion.

@stevex have tech support engaged with you as per @Phill suggestion?

@shooto I also observe poor performance to other sites/routes - it is definitely not just IPTV streams. Hopefully it is the same issue and they can resolve it.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We're still looking into the throughput/streaming issues and have already contacted a number of Community users privately to help gather some information and stats on affected lines (Thanks to those that have shared the info).

We're pursuing a number of avenues and are speaking to Netflix, SamKnows and other 3rd parties to try to pinpoint the source of the issues you're seeing. Unfortunately we may not be able to provide daily updates due to the nature of the problem and testing involved, but rest assured that this problem has the proper focus and is being treated as a priority.

mrmarkyuk

Phil

Maybe you should allow customers to leave vodafone or reduce the fee to quit,  I think this would be fair because at the moment you have a lot of very angry customers and once that 18 month contract dates up will be leaving for another provider no matter if you fix this or not. 

new user ...... unable to connect to live streaming ...... need to leave vodafone soon if this cannot be sorted i.e 30 day period.  it seems that many people have this problem in your live chat and i am not optimistic.  please advise if it is possible or not.   It seems that Vodafone blocks this access.

Leave is my advice - havent heard anything announced about them fixing it any time soon, heck they havent even properly recognised theres an issue with it as a company as far as I know...  I would find another ISP quick, if you want live streaming to work.  I know I will be doing in April for sure.  I am using my 4g data for live streaming in the meantime which works flawlessly and the same app I use for it on the same device works perfectly on a friends or familys internet thats not Vodaphone.

Jimbo

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @daka, sorry you’re having some problems when streaming video.

We certainly don't block access, however there could be a few different possibilities as to why you’re having this issue. We’d really need to do some testing to help get to the root cause.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

We’re up to test 3 which still includes speed tests. Which aren’t appropriate for this issue. If you’re in your cooling off period then I’d suggest you leave. It’ll take more than your cool off for them to do nothing and then they’ll never allow you to talk about leaving. 

Just weighing in here to say i'm experiencing exactly the same problem here too. Slow Netflix / IPTV / streaming. All works fine when VPN is on.

I'm still within my first 30 days at the moment and fully expect to be cancelling ASAP. Vodafone seem incompetent or unable to fix this issue for so many users. It's pathetic really as their mobile service is actually very good (in my experience).

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Where are these technical vodafone specialitsts?  I've spoken to level2 support and then have contacted level3, and everyone in level 2 and level 3 claims there are ZERO problems and that everything is perfect.

Given the number of unhappy customers on here, isn't about time that someone in VF took RESPONSIBILITY for this mess and at least ADMITTED they have goofed up and that maybe there would be light at the end of the tunnel for us, your POOR SUFFERING CUSTOMERS.

I am new to Vodafone also within 30 day period and am very frustrated.  Will be switching.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a broadband supplier that is actually providing the service for streaming.  I don't want to switch again without knowing that there is no problem.  I should have done some google research before deciding on Vodafone.

Sean