cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Hi Team,

I had a very good update yesterday following an email complaint I filled in via the Vodafone website (a few days ago). I have a reference number and a special number to call into. 

I managed to speak with a member of staff in England!!!! Although this employee was not overly technical they fully UNDERSTOOD my problem and were able to speak with a member of the third line technical team literally sitting next to them. 

For the first time in weeks, I was given a full acknowledgment of this issue and I will be updated soon. Vodafone have been aware of this for weeks, they understand it is affecting many customers; however, Vodafone cannot confirm a fix date.

This information has not been passed down to First and Second line – I think it needs to be as this is making Vodafone look quite silly.

Hi Dan,

Please could you share the reference number?

I'd love to hear their explanation of what the problem is.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I would imagine that Dan has been in contcat with the Directors Office.  I initially dealt with Christina, and then Kenny, as I had a direct number to dial and a 6 digit reference no.

on Sunday I was told by that office there was no fault, and there was nothing that VF could so resolve the speed/performance issues.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out for other.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

I just want to reassure you all that our engineering teams are currently looking into this issue as a priority.  Sorry for the inconvenience it causes.  

To help find the cause of the issue, they've asked for your Samknows downstream data graph and Netflix graph for the period of 1 October 2018 to 31 December 2018. Please post it here so they can see it straight away.  (We're aware it's not just Netflix related, but they have more information which is helping us narrow down the issue).  

Thanks, 

Phil

Don't waste your time. 

From logs you published , throttling is happening at cw.net .

This router belongs to Vodafone , Cable & Wireless internet provider.

Same problems on Gigafast.

Good news.

They've just followed up on my issue once again, and I helped them with some further testing.

They're 100% aware of the issue now and they are taking it seriously - it's getting there guys. It's reached the right people now and they want to get it fixed.

They also confirmed it's definitely not intentional throttling, and they're getting closer to fixing it.

It looks like you believe in Santa 

Getting there is about 3 years old in my case. Gigafast was ok for 2 months and then sudden throttling. Just day after I couldn't cancel contact free of charge.

That I call advanced con

I'd believe in Santa if i'd seen him myself, yes :Smiling:

mbames
13: Advanced Member

"Getting close to fixing it"..... I was just about to leave and change providers!  Maybe I'll stay for another week or two and see how they fair at "fixing it".  Amazingly on Sunday I was told there were NO ISSUES. :Confused_face:

Here is mine

vf-30-20190211-samknows-netflix.GIFvf-31-20190211-samknows-download.gif

Another random snippet of information which may be useful... I was having a problem with multiple WAN disconnects in January. I was sent a replacement router which didn't help. After contactiing tech support again on Jan 17th I was told that some settings (which were not visible to the user) were misconfigured and they'd fix that remotely. I was then asked to hard reset the router. 

The connection then stayed up for almost a day (which was rare for a VF router on my line).

The strange thing was that speedtest results were nearly maxed out including to Vodafone London and www.fast.com. I was getting better results than I'd ever seen before.

This didn't last and it reverted back to slower speeds and multiple disconnections a few days later. I tried a third party router which has been rock steady and not disconnected since since I got it.

What really really puzzles me though is what the heck happened which upped my speed so dramatically? Was it just me or does anyone else with speed graphs see a peak around Jan 17th?