cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

You have been assigned different user profile or your usage history been cleaned. As soon as you collected certain amount of downloaded data you waspossibly  reverted to heavy users bunch. Your speed was capped again.

When u use third party router in bridge mode it VF would not drop. Rule of thumb and trial (read forum) VF support Max 2 devices connected same time without crashing out.

Bad thing what VF keep saying here is no throughout download throttling. Fact : here is super heavy . If they said they manage traffic .Then a lot of users wouldn't buy product. VF defrauding you and me

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!! 

I turned on iptv today , great speeds , no buffering even on HD. Voda have solved it !!! SORRY , forgot I moved to BT this morning , use BT BUYOUT SCHEME and switch to a company that doesn’t throttle (yet)

mbames
13: Advanced Member

@Shooto,

I've just tried this on mega faster 80/20

wget https://speed.hetzner.de/100MB.bin --no-check-certificate

seeing speeds ~210K/s

vf-32-20190215-download.gif

In fairness, I can get a 66Mbps speedtest to BT Lancs and 45 to VF London at the momenet, so things look much better..... The traceroute on this suggests the issues might be outside of VFs network (makes a change!)

@mbames

My Sync speeds are certainly higher than I was getting at the tail end of last week. These are just sync speeds of course.

I tried the same download tests using a trial version of a third party app in this case "Internet Download Manager" which forced the download to use multiple connections there was a big change to the download speed.

I ran a 550meg driver download from NVIDIA - single speed averaged 4mbps the three times I tried it.

Ran the same test using IDM 38mbps was the average speed.

Why single file downloads are so crippled I do not know. At work on BT - same tests 6mbps or above on a 75meg connection.

mbames

Single thread capping....

This obviously affects streaming services and the like.  Currently I am trying to download Visual Studio for installation on a non-internet connected network.  No longer it is a couple of ISOs, but instead thousands of little files, equaling to a good 30gb+ of data which are all downloaded, one after the other.... no option of splitting and using multiple threads 😞

I don't envy your task one bit.  That will take an absolute age if they are downloading in kbs.

You could go grab yourself a coffee in Starbucks and use their free wifi and put your feet up it might be done quicker :Winking_smiley:

mbames

I'ev just checked my router logs, and it managed a little speedy peak, although it could have potentially been a lot faster.  Sure you can spot when the download started!  Have just read that VS 2019 will be out soon, so the fun will be repeated int he not too distant future!

vf-33-20190215-VS-download.gif

Shame it wasn't a bit faster, given the sync speeds....Great sync speedGreat sync speed

mbames

Good job I didn't try that download tonight, even the "only VF approved" speedtest server on the entire internet isn't performing very well this evening...

VF vs BT - shonky eitherway!VF vs BT - shonky eitherway!

I ran a few tests last night - BT (surprise) and especially the Bytemark were very high.

Vodafone test was half that speed (which is pretty close to actual speed) not the inflated tests at BT / Bytemark are reporting.

Testing 3.2.1

Multi Thread downloads between 20mpbs - 32mbps (Various sources)

Upload (1GB test flies) - 38mbps (using third party app to google drive) - google drive direct 8mpbs

FTP - see single thread

Single thread - I didn't have the whole night to test a 200meg test file roughly 12kbs for the first couple of minutes gave up.

Surfing the interweb / checking email - truly awesome experience it took full advantage of my gigafast connection.

Streaming - Via VPN can't complain.

I am done with running speedtests :Laughing_Face:

@mbames

Not sure if this will help with your downloading of Visual - Mozilla firefox have two multi thread addons

Multithread download manager / turbo download manager 

If you can actually right click the files from within firefox you can choose either of the addons to start the download. Which will start a  multi thread download it may improve your download speed.

If your download is out with a browser then this will be of no use to you.

mbames

Sadly the VS offline installer is all out of browser.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studi...

Basically I issue the command:

vs_enterprise.exe --layout d:\vs2017layout --lang en-US

and then wait....