main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

Highlighted
6: Helper

I ran a few tests last night - BT (surprise) and especially the Bytemark were very high.

Vodafone test was half that speed (which is pretty close to actual speed) not the inflated tests at BT / Bytemark are reporting.

Testing 3.2.1

Multi Thread downloads between 20mpbs - 32mbps (Various sources)

Upload (1GB test flies) - 38mbps (using third party app to google drive) - google drive direct 8mpbs

FTP - see single thread

Single thread - I didn't have the whole night to test a 200meg test file roughly 12kbs for the first couple of minutes gave up.

Surfing the interweb / checking email - truly awesome experience it took full advantage of my gigafast connection.

Streaming - Via VPN can't complain.

I am done with running speedtests

@mbames

Not sure if this will help with your downloading of Visual - Mozilla firefox have two multi thread addons

Multithread download manager / turbo download manager 

If you can actually right click the files from within firefox you can choose either of the addons to start the download. Which will start a  multi thread download it may improve your download speed.

If your download is out with a browser then this will be of no use to you.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Sadly the VS offline installer is all out of browser.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studi...

Basically I issue the command:

vs_enterprise.exe --layout d:\vs2017layout --lang en-US

and then wait.... 

View more options

Todays speed test on Fast.com

speed.png

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Can’t see the image... if your post as gif, they seem to work better 👍

View more options
4: Newbie

26 down, 100 up on Netflix

13 down, 100 upload on rest of HTML5 testers.

Spot the numbers. Another tweak from VF for Netflix users. Just about to watch 4k . Not nowhere near advertised Gigafast speeds

View more options
3: Seeker

I’ve been on-line chatting and telephoning VF customer service since the beginning of Dec ‘18 re our streaming issues. I raised a complaint via the VF website on Weds 13th Feb, but to date we’ve not even had an acknowledgement of its receipt.

This is the complaint we submitted:

We have been 'chatting' and phoning customer services since 7th Dec 2018.

At the end of November last year we noticed a reduction in our broadband speed and we were struggling to watch UHD Netflix content.

We can see a sync speed of 58Mb/s but this drops to as low as 15Mb/s on a single Ethernet connection (No WiFi devices connected), plugged into the Master phone socket, with the integral or Vodafone suppled microfilter. Our ping is also up at 26ms from its original pre-December 13ms.

Vodafone has supplied a new router (no difference) and yesterday we bought a 3rd party router (No difference for our £180 outlay).

Our main use for your 76 Mb/s package is streaming of 4K Netflix and Xbox gaming... and sadly for both of these activities it is now redundant.

Could someone please resolve our problem, or advise us how we can leave Vodafone at minimum cost?

View more options

@zeddsded

You are not alone with speeds specifically in netflix being truly awful.

The forums have plenty of others with similar issue with high sync speeds, but throughput being so low that streaming, gaming is a non starter

Phil from Vodafone has mentioned that Vodafone know there is an issue, but no resolution so far. People have been reporting similar issues since 2018 so a fix when that will happen is anyone's guess.

Others have being using a vpn to get round the netflix issues as it bypasses vodafones traffic shaping / routing issues whatever  is the cause.

They certainly are degrading single thread downloads which if course will effect most streaming services

I am on the gigafast 900mpbs and single thread i average anywhere between 20kbps to 6mbps in a lot of speed tests which is useless for netflix. I can however stream 4k without issue using a vpn .

In the forums someone posted that bt would pay any early leaving fees upto £300 that could be an avenue you could look into. A few have also posted moving to bt after having similar issues to you, and their problems were completely gone. That was using the exact same equipment they were using while with Vodafone.

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks Shooto,

I spotted the BT Buyout Sheme post so I'm currently trying to find it on their website. No luck yet, so I might just give them a call. I calculate my VF cancellation fee would be just under £200 - which is pretty much what I've already spent of a 3rd party router and separate VPN router...

According to the postcode check I should be able to get a minimum of 100Mb/s on their 145Mb package.

This would be nirvana compared to the 9Mb/s that I often see on my 76Mb/s VF package...

View more options

I was successful in canceling 76 Mbps Superfast contract. It took 3 months logging speed test 3 times a day. Then service reference. Deadlock letter to Head Office and I was free of cancellation fee.

BUT... Month later my speed was magical and constant 68 Mbps throughput. I decided to stay and later upgraded to Gigafast.

Gigafast was 100/100 until December last year. Now it is 13/100 almost regardless time of the day.

Tech support was pointless. Just think who is paying whom wages. It is hard to admit what someones job is to fool people and drag feet with promises which never be delivered

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

I was successful in canceling 76 Mbps Superfast contract. It took 3 months logging speed test 3 times a day. Then service reference. Deadlock letter to Head Office and I was free of cancellation fee.

BUT... Month later my speed was magical and constant 68 Mbps throughput. I decided to stay and later upgraded to Gigafast.

Gigafast was 100/100 until December last year. Now it is 13/100 almost regardless time of the day.

Tech support was pointless. Just think who is paying whom wages. It is hard to admit what someones job is to fool people and drag feet with promises which never be delivered

You were crazy for staying with Vodafail.

Todays speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

We're doing somewhat better than yesterday!

View more options

Are you are aware of this Twitch Channel ?

twitch . tv / esportsvodafone

quite funny if you ask me -- I wonder how they stream it..... i guess via a VirginMedia or BT WAN connection; certainly not their own BroadBand Service!!

This is an offical advert from Vodafone:

twitch.  tv / videos / 261613938

Please check it out.

View more options

@DANWATERS wrote:

Are you are aware of this Twitch Channel ?

twitch . tv / esportsvodafone

quite funny if you ask me -- I wonder how they stream it..... i guess via a VirginMedia or BT WAN connection; certainly not their own BroadBand Service!!

This is an offical advert from Vodafone:

twitch.  tv / videos / 261613938

Please check it out.

I never want to watch that cringe ##~## ad again in my life.

When I had no Internet while moving, I'd watch Twitch on my phone and that stupiud ad would play every time

Maybe that's why I picked Vodafail

Hey Phil, can we get an update now?

View more options

I drove passed a couple of vans with large neon signs promoting Vodafone Gigafast in my area.

They are heavily promoting it at the moment. There will probably be a massive influx of new customers soon. I wonder how much more this will degrade vodafone broadband service.

View more options

C'mon man. 100/100 is cheapest rubbish around.

Something decent is almost twice expensive

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Zeddsded We'd love to look in to this for you, I'vce sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Once you've filled in the form, one of the team will be in touch. Please make it clear on the form you're having issues with streaming services, so it gets sent to the correct team. Joe

View more options

@Joe wrote:

@Zeddsded We'd love to look in to this for you, I'vce sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Once you've filled in the form, one of the team will be in touch. Please make it clear on the form you're having issues with streaming services, so it gets sent to the correct team. Joe

Joe back at it with his notepad script.

Since you're here, can you tell Phil to update us.

View more options

Todays Speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

Phil, we'd like an update now please

View more options

Bump.

View more options

BTW, extra question to Vodafone -- are we getting free internet for the time being?

Your adverts state "Speed guaranteed or money off until it's fixed".

Please use the money we have already given you as part of our contracts to pay a Consultant to get this fixed!!!!

View more options
2: Seeker

Looks like they arent going to provide a reasonable update as to whether they are making any progress or even doing anything about it. If they were serious about it you would think they would give an update every so often as to where they are at. 

I am off to plus net, hope its better there!

View more options