cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

@zeddsded

You are not alone with speeds specifically in netflix being truly awful.

The forums have plenty of others with similar issue with high sync speeds, but throughput being so low that streaming, gaming is a non starter

Phil from Vodafone has mentioned that Vodafone know there is an issue, but no resolution so far. People have been reporting similar issues since 2018 so a fix when that will happen is anyone's guess.

Others have being using a vpn to get round the netflix issues as it bypasses vodafones traffic shaping / routing issues whatever  is the cause.

They certainly are degrading single thread downloads which if course will effect most streaming services

I am on the gigafast 900mpbs and single thread i average anywhere between 20kbps to 6mbps in a lot of speed tests which is useless for netflix. I can however stream 4k without issue using a vpn .

In the forums someone posted that bt would pay any early leaving fees upto £300 that could be an avenue you could look into. A few have also posted moving to bt after having similar issues to you, and their problems were completely gone. That was using the exact same equipment they were using while with Vodafone.

Thanks Shooto,

I spotted the BT Buyout Sheme post so I'm currently trying to find it on their website. No luck yet, so I might just give them a call. I calculate my VF cancellation fee would be just under £200 - which is pretty much what I've already spent of a 3rd party router and separate VPN router... :Sad_face:

According to the postcode check I should be able to get a minimum of 100Mb/s on their 145Mb package.

This would be nirvana compared to the 9Mb/s that I often see on my 76Mb/s VF package...

I was successful in canceling 76 Mbps Superfast contract. It took 3 months logging speed test 3 times a day. Then service reference. Deadlock letter to Head Office and I was free of cancellation fee.

BUT... Month later my speed was magical and constant 68 Mbps throughput. I decided to stay and later upgraded to Gigafast.

Gigafast was 100/100 until December last year. Now it is 13/100 almost regardless time of the day.

Tech support was pointless. Just think who is paying whom wages. It is hard to admit what someones job is to fool people and drag feet with promises which never be delivered

@Mozambezi wrote:

I was successful in canceling 76 Mbps Superfast contract. It took 3 months logging speed test 3 times a day. Then service reference. Deadlock letter to Head Office and I was free of cancellation fee.

BUT... Month later my speed was magical and constant 68 Mbps throughput. I decided to stay and later upgraded to Gigafast.

Gigafast was 100/100 until December last year. Now it is 13/100 almost regardless time of the day.

Tech support was pointless. Just think who is paying whom wages. It is hard to admit what someones job is to fool people and drag feet with promises which never be delivered

You were crazy for staying with Vodafail.

Todays speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

We're doing somewhat better than yesterday!

Are you are aware of this Twitch Channel ?

twitch . tv / esportsvodafone

quite funny if you ask me -- I wonder how they stream it..... i guess via a VirginMedia or BT WAN connection; certainly not their own BroadBand Service!!

This is an offical advert from Vodafone:

twitch.  tv / videos / 261613938

Please check it out.

@DANWATERS wrote:

Are you are aware of this Twitch Channel ?

twitch . tv / esportsvodafone

quite funny if you ask me -- I wonder how they stream it..... i guess via a VirginMedia or BT WAN connection; certainly not their own BroadBand Service!!

This is an offical advert from Vodafone:

twitch.  tv / videos / 261613938

Please check it out.

I never want to watch that cringe ##~## ad again in my life.

When I had no Internet while moving, I'd watch Twitch on my phone and that stupiud ad would play every time :Sad_face:

Maybe that's why I picked Vodafail :Socked_Face:

Hey Phil, can we get an update now?

I drove passed a couple of vans with large neon signs promoting Vodafone Gigafast in my area.

They are heavily promoting it at the moment. There will probably be a massive influx of new customers soon. I wonder how much more this will degrade vodafone broadband service. :Hmm_Face:

C'mon man. 100/100 is cheapest rubbish around.

Something decent is almost twice expensive

@Zeddsded We'd love to look in to this for you, I'vce sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Once you've filled in the form, one of the team will be in touch. Please make it clear on the form you're having issues with streaming services, so it gets sent to the correct team. Joe

@Joe wrote:

@Zeddsded We'd love to look in to this for you, I'vce sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Once you've filled in the form, one of the team will be in touch. Please make it clear on the form you're having issues with streaming services, so it gets sent to the correct team. Joe

Joe back at it with his notepad script.

Since you're here, can you tell Phil to update us.