cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Todays Speed test on Fast.com

speed.gif

Phil, we'd like an update now please :Smiling:

Bump.

BTW, extra question to Vodafone -- are we getting free internet for the time being?

Your adverts state "Speed guaranteed or money off until it's fixed".

Please use the money we have already given you as part of our contracts to pay a Consultant to get this fixed!!!!

Looks like they arent going to provide a reasonable update as to whether they are making any progress or even doing anything about it. If they were serious about it you would think they would give an update every so often as to where they are at. 

I am off to plus net, hope its better there!

@Nopotatos wrote:

Looks like they arent going to provide a reasonable update as to whether they are making any progress or even doing anything about it. If they were serious about it you would think they would give an update every so often as to where they are at. 

I am off to plus net, hope its better there!

No. Same stuff at Flush Net. Try BT or EE. But EE has throughput throttling for IP TV. Games work like a dream 

Talk F**k worse than VF

Virgin and Sky are best ones if you are in catchment area

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

you are correct about the free internet

I don't understand how vodafone can charge for a service you don't get

ofcom clearly state customers should be getting compensated for each day the internet is not working

think every one need to contact ofcom if you dont get any 

ofcom.jpgcompansaion.jpg

Ofcom is  regulating sync and line speeds.  We have no problems with them 

VF is free to manage traffic. It is not against Ofcom 

However you could argue what throughput speeds are well below advertised. And you will be wrong. Those speeds not there when we need them, but maybe 12h a day they are OK. So on average you will get good number.

All fraud is covered up well . You could try to break away for free .   And you will succeed. But if you would have money, would you use VF? BT is almost £15 a month is more expensive and you will get 40-50 Mbps on 80/20 line 24/7

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Working with our equipment vendor we believe we have identified an issue and our engineering teams are currently developing and testing a fix. We have details from a number of forum users and have identified one or two suitable test cases which we will be contacting the users about in due course. So far testing has looked positive but to manage your expectations, there are many factors involved when rolling out changes across the network and so when we do prove the fix, it may still be a number of days before it is cascaded to all our nodes.

Thanks for the update Phil.

Plenty will be waiting with baited breath for this fix.

Can you share any details of what your engineers have found to be the root cause of the issues?

Like many here i would like to know details :Thumbs_Up:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, it would be good if you could at least let us know:

When you start rolling out the fix.

When you believe the fix rollout has completed across all nodes.

Is a re-authentication with the radius server required?