cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

For comparison a few minutes ago I was getting 20Mbps on www.fast.com and my "full speed friend" 37Mbps.

An update, my connection seemed to hang for a few minutes a while ago then it started responding again and wow did it respond! I just tried www.fast.com and got 60Mbps which is the highest I've ever seen it go and Vodafone London returned this: 8059825036

Over 3x what I normally get and pretty much maxed out for my sync speed. So looks like the speed issues are fixed for me, thanks. I'm really curious as to what the problem actually was.

@stevex wrote:

An update, my connection seemed to hang for a few minutes a while ago then it started responding again and wow did it respond! I just tried www.fast.com and got 60Mbps which is the highest I've ever seen it go and Vodafone London returned this: 8059825036

Over 3x what I normally get and pretty much maxed out for my sync speed. So looks like the speed issues are fixed for me, thanks. I'm really curious as to what the problem actually was.

They really do seem to be fixing this proble, wow.

I'm getting a somewhat higher speed on Fast.com, still no where near what i'm paying for 😧

Oh..Still unable to watch 1080 60fps on Twitch without a lot of buffering... I pray it'll be fixed soon, 720p hurts my eyes.

hey look

speed.gif

THATS MORE LIKE IT!  Googles speed test

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed - not rolled out to my node yet still low speed on the affected routes/services when I checked this morning.

I did note they have changed the names of the speedtest servers, a Vodafone Bracknell one has appeared.

Typically they'll probably sort it now I've started a migration!

Same here, since last week my fast.com speeds have been around 32-37 Mbps ( fibre 1 with sync speed of 40 Mbps). Even in peak times, they are holding on.

Was hesitant to post it but they have been constant for more then a week now.

That is some positive news.

I haven't noticed any change to be honest my test results are actually worse for me. I am on gigafast it is hovering above 50mbps on fast.com so streaming in 4k is possible to one device. Nowhere near 900mbps speed that I am paying for though.

I hope they are seriously looking into single speed downloads / FTP Uploads which is a far bigger issue for myself as they are horrendous slow at the moment. 

I do a lot of work from home at night and need to download from & upload large files to our ftp / cloud services. The process is very slow and time-consuming process due to only getting at best normally 2mpbs.

Using third party program's I can get round the cloud download / upload speeds by setting them to multi thread, but have not found a working solution to FTP.

I was getting better speeds with my all singing and dancing 20mpbs Sky connection.

Maybe next week all will be well. :Smiling:

Mine were still 3.2Mbps last night (check every evening) - will try again this evening but as Im in Devon, I expect we will be last for any technological things (gets out the worlds smallest violin).

Jimbo

F.A.O. Vodafone - Phil / Joe / Blair

I would like to know your thoughts on these results ?

"The wait is over. Now you can upload and download at the speed of light" :Laughing_Face:

bradford.pngman2.pngstructed.png

@Shooto This still isn't correct and would have to be investigated further by the Gigafast Team. Easiest way to get in contact with them directly is to dial 08080034515, once through. ask to speak to the Gigafast team and the agent will pass you through to the dedicated team. Joe