cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

@DANWATERS wrote:

I just want to check --- can an employee from Vodafone answer me this question:

Do you know what Twitch . tv is?

^^ After speaking with their web chat and initial call-in customer services centre they have no idea.........

I was actually speaking to somebody over the phone last week that works for VF, he's also dealing with the same problem as us... Must be kinda sucky knowing the ISP you're working for has crap BB :Smiling:

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Where has Phil got to - about time for another update.....

Indeed mbames..

He probably migrated to another provider like many others or is busy splitting his WiFi and running speed tests.

Talking about speedtests. I missed a call from the tech team(12 days since i sent them more speedtests) . They are asking me for even more speedtests.

Goddammit!!!!!! :Angry_Face:

To anyone at Vodafone...

The ISSUE is not my END. The slow SPEEDS have been reported by MANY OTHERS.  Whoever is looking into the ISSUES give us an UPDATE at least of the progress or just tell us straight that it can't be fixed!!!!!

mbames

Last time I spoke to someone in the DIrectors Office they told me I had to resent every screenshot I had ever sent before - I guess in true VF fashion they deleted them on arrival, as part of OperationDenial™.

He might be re-using one of the 2 "broken" routers I returned to ClownCentral last week....  

I'm collecting now Thinkbroadband.com tests.

They wanted me screenshots of stationary PC, connected via Gigabit LAN. On screen of PC it must say Windows 10 SAFE mode.

I wonder, do they know what Safe Mode doesn't support network or what new generation laptops don't have LAN socket?

I do my speed test direct from on router app. Here is no PC... Just router doing all job.

I will share all logs and password with VF :Smiling: no excuses for low single thread speeds.

I think I will prepare some thinkbroadband tests then as well just incase. :Thumbs_Up:

The Safe Mode with networking tests were the last batch of test results I sent to Vodafone. I also had to take a picture of my connected PC network speed to show I was connected at 1 GB.

I have had my line speed adjusted for better or worse I will soon see after I run some tests later tonight. I will post some results (specifically single speed test) either later tonight or tomorrow.

Well, I dont want to jinx it but yesterday and today I've been watching 1080p/60 streams without buffering. Speed tests are much better with 60Mbps on non-London and 30Mbps on London - Vodafone Ookla test server

I feel awful.

At the moment 6pm MondayI can watch 4k and 8k from youtube live, no buffering. Initial speed burst 100Mbps, then 50Mbps

Netflix 1080p, but wouldn't give me to change for 4K... no such button found. What's a point to advertise  4K if I can't get it?

SIngle thread download between 10 and 40 Mbps, 6x connections giving me `100Mbps

Not sure what to think.

mbames

@Mozambezi wrote:

SIngle thread download between 10 and 40 Mbps, 6x connections giving me `100Mbps

Not sure what to think.

Welcome to VodafoneShonkyWorld