cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Not a great start (single speed results):Sad_face:

thinbroadbandpeak.png

Not much better later on:Sad_face:

10pm.png

Single speed download test file

nvidia.jpg

Multi Thread 3rd party app (same download)

nvidia.jpg

As you can see without the use of a third party application the download speed is far less from exactly the same source.

I also tried test files from  speedtest.tele2.net/ and https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download - ftp and http files were downloading in kb/s so no improvement whatsover either.

I will run more tests tomorrow morning and send them off to vodafone and await their response.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We're still looking into this issue in order to get it fully resolved. We're in regular contact with a number of you, so thanks for your support in helping the teams troubleshoot the issue. 

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding and we'll post an update as soon as we have any more news.  

Am just adding my details on to this as it's effecting me, it's taken me ages to figure out the issue and now can understand it.

Phil am a business customer and am trying to obtain a ticket number in relation to this issue for my own records as if this isn't resolved quickly I will be leaving.

I can't phone the call centre as they keep insisting there is nothing wrong and i must unplug everything, use the master socket etc, when i've told them there is no physical problem this is something to do with your network.

My line sync is 43Mb.

Regards,

Simon Jones

2019-02-26.png

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Submit a formal complaint and ask to leave penalty free.  If they refuse ask for a deadlock letter (may take several weeks).  VF have been denying this issue for months, so it will still be several years before they fix it.  What they really want to avoid is loads of complaints of Ofcom...

More than happy to go to ofcom with everyone else to make a big complaint if they wish?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using chrome, there is a speedtest.com extension, so you can try for individual sites.

Two weeks ago anything going through VFs London servers got mashed.  Up untill yesterday everything within the UK seemed to be working, but anything international got mashed.

Today for me, as far as I can tell on my "damaged" connection even international connections seem to be working - managed to test a 4K twitch.tv stream on my Superfast 2 which thanks to a love match between the OR cabinet and a digger is only running at 20Mbp sync, and it rand smoothly.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

13 down, 16 up, so still broken for me... using Vodafone's new Basinstoke server (probably still the same London one).

Using BT Lancs I see 13.58 down and 14.40 down, so they've even managed to break a working link to Janet now....

i've put a formal complaint in - i think

Awful service, i've had enough now, was only trying to get recognition of the problem at first but the attitude i got has made me decide to leave.

Single Thread still :Thumbs_Down:

1551206314856706055.png1551206382725336455.png

However, A single thread speedtest  :Hmm_Face:

8071865308.png

P.S Anyone know why Vodafone Support say it's a DNS problem and want to change the DNS servers to Google's

Literally felt like crying at this point as every one of there support states the speed is the DNS setting.

Idiots.