main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

8: Helper

Am just adding my details on to this as it's effecting me, it's taken me ages to figure out the issue and now can understand it.

Phil am a business customer and am trying to obtain a ticket number in relation to this issue for my own records as if this isn't resolved quickly I will be leaving.

I can't phone the call centre as they keep insisting there is nothing wrong and i must unplug everything, use the master socket etc, when i've told them there is no physical problem this is something to do with your network.

My line sync is 43Mb.

Regards,

Simon Jones

2019-02-26.png

View more options
12: Established

Submit a formal complaint and ask to leave penalty free.  If they refuse ask for a deadlock letter (may take several weeks).  VF have been denying this issue for months, so it will still be several years before they fix it.  What they really want to avoid is loads of complaints of Ofcom...

View more options

More than happy to go to ofcom with everyone else to make a big complaint if they wish?

View more options
15: Advanced member

If you are using chrome, there is a speedtest.com extension, so you can try for individual sites.

Two weeks ago anything going through VFs London servers got mashed.  Up untill yesterday everything within the UK seemed to be working, but anything international got mashed.

Today for me, as far as I can tell on my "damaged" connection even international connections seem to be working - managed to test a 4K twitch.tv stream on my Superfast 2 which thanks to a love match between the OR cabinet and a digger is only running at 20Mbp sync, and it rand smoothly.

View more options

13 down, 16 up, so still broken for me... using Vodafone's new Basinstoke server (probably still the same London one).

Using BT Lancs I see 13.58 down and 14.40 down, so they've even managed to break a working link to Janet now....

View more options

i've put a formal complaint in - i think

Awful service, i've had enough now, was only trying to get recognition of the problem at first but the attitude i got has made me decide to leave.

View more options
6: Helper

Single Thread still

1551206314856706055.png1551206382725336455.png

However, A single thread speedtest 

8071865308.png

View more options

P.S Anyone know why Vodafone Support say it's a DNS problem and want to change the DNS servers to Google's

Literally felt like crying at this point as every one of there support states the speed is the DNS setting.

Idiots.

View more options
15: Advanced member

You can try pointing them at switch routing video classes, but you are never going to convince them that DNS just provides the end-point and not the route.

What I would say though is that in general Vodafone's DNS servers are incredibly slow (try running Gibson Research's DNS bench), so there may be benefits from using other DNS servers!

View more options

I run pfsense with opendns servers, all works fine, look up times are fine.

It looks like voda use their own CDN for video, wondering if there's a problem in that network.

View more options
4: Newbie

Congestion on Gigafast. Even multithread slow. Down 14Mbps / Up 102Mbps. Line 900/900

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1551211818501604055

View more options

Super fast speed is one thing, however Twitch . tv uses less than 10 megabits /second via a 1080p source stream.

!!! HOW CAN THIS BE BROKEN FOR SO LONG !!!

View more options
6: Helper

Phil, it's time for an update.

Once a week would be lovely.

View more options

Twitch.tv now streams well 1080p 60fps from EU.  speed now 14Mbps

USA and Asia OK too but chat isn't loading

View more options
14: Advanced member

on the advice given by Ofcom  can customers having this issues please fill out this form so that Ofcom can monitor the issue, Which could lead to Ofcom launching an investigation into the company. if the issue is not sorted within a reasonable time

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

View more options

Done  I will lodge my complaint with Vodafone once I leave, purely for stat reasons as my 18 month contract expires three weeks today so the complaint wont be 'resolved' in their given time period but at least it will be another one to count towards the numbers of complaints made - cant wait to click on that sign me up button on another ISP...

Jimbo

View more options

This has been going on far too long. Also filed a complaint.

View more options
Highlighted

Done

View more options
2: Seeker

I have just lodged my complaint with ofcom also.

View more options

Mine is in

We need to put this in all the speed related threads so it gets everyone onboard.

View more options