cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

@Shooto wrote:

How are your single speed results from Thinkbroadband mozambezi?

I just did a quick test before supper and my single speed results are still a crock of sh*t!!

Fast.com tests are also a third of the speed that they were yesterday :Angry_Face:

I will run some more test later and send them through to tech 3 again see what they can adjust next to make things better :Laughing_Face:.

Fast.com 21.43  6ms, 100/100 Mbps Up and Down. Thinkbroadband.com Single thread 90Mbps down, 100 up

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/button/1551303894656764155.png

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, I've just had my first call from the Customer Relations Team and the reference he texted me is in the format 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

A not an unexpected disappointing call from an Indian call centre where they told me my connection was perfectly OK and above the minimum guarantee (admitting the only checks they did were on the sync speed - which they can see perfectly well without the VF router plugged in), despite me starting the conversation summising the issue as nothing to do with my sync/line speed or stability which is perfectly fine. He didn't seem to have heard of this forum, then went on to say that it was blocked on his system.:Socked_Face:

First two times  I've got an Idea over script and two fake references, fault wasn't logged. On third time I figured out exit tree and got over to UK Helpdesk. Well (I'm happyh now) It was pleasant expirience.

It took me 1h 23min over the phone (Sounded  like UK Help desk)

It was second time me talking to tech2. First time I had VDSL2 fault (what was resolved with Head Office support) and now Gigafast (I hope resolved for good now)

I had SMS confirmation for reported fault.:

Hello Oleg.  Please follow the steps below, and email your results to xxxtechx at vf.com, using the subject line: SPEEDTEST REF: FLT091xxxxxxx.
1. Using a micro filter, connect to the test socket of your master socket (beneath the faceplate).
2. Connect your laptop/desktop to your router using an Ethernet cable.
3. Remove any other Ethernet-connected devices, and turn off Wi-Fi on the router (either in the router settings at 192.168.1.1, or by pressing the WPS button on the side of the router until the Wi-Fi light turns off).
4. Put your laptop/desktop into Safe Mode (Googling your operating system + Safe Mode will provide links to walk-throughs).
5. Perform a speed test at three different times of day (morning, afternoon and evening) ? this will show whether congestion is occurring at a particular time of day. 
6. Speedtest.net is the most reliable third party speed testing site.
7. Screen shot your results and email them to xxxxxxtechx at vf.com
8. Please make sure your screenshot isn?t cropped and includes the time, date and connection method in the task bar.
9. When running testing, please ensure any networking equipment (eg. powerline adaptors, boosters) have been removed, and no VPN is in use.
For further questions, please call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 08080 034 515 from any other UK mobile or landline. Thanks. 

I did all this for them myself over 2 weeks ago...  Not heard anything since 12th Feb - still getting around 3mbps on fast.com and hasnt improved 1 iota since mid November

Jimbo

I've had an email from someone at The Register, it's being passed to a reporter, so fingers crossed we'll get some press on this and force Vodafone to do something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, was on my list to do when not doing tests and emailing screenshots etc etc!

This is what I had to deal with today, on a line that syncs around 65 mbps.

fast 27-02-2019.png

thanks for the test results.

early test

1551297114223472855.png

Test result now

later.png

A massive difference in single speed results from earlier, but still way below what I would expect from a 900mbps service not just the single thread but download/upload as well.

Nvidia test (single thread) - 7mbps average.

nvidialater.jpg

However an Iso from Microsoft Office 2016 -  60mbps average

office.jpg

Another Microsoft server (Windows 10 ISO) - back to poor download speeds (first time the download timed out)

win10.jpg

Microsoft (Office 2019 iso) same microsoft source server as office 2016 result above but much slower speeds

off2019.jpg
AMD - ryzen drivers - 65mbps average speed

amd.jpg

So after these batches of tests - single thread downloads are still an issue from various different sources, but others sources are around what I would expect.

I decided to run one last test (multi thread)  this time - I ran the same download twice same result.  I am not sure what to make of the result - single thread only averaged 7.7mbps

office2019multi.jpg

I will send through all these results to tech 3 tommorow see what they ask me to do next.

If anyone wants me to run further download tests from other sources I am more than happy to post the results :Thumbs_Up:

@sijones2010 Hi ther, we'd love to look in to this for you, I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. The more examples we can get for this, the quicker we can get this resolved. Joe

I was told over 2 weeks ago by a tech 2 guy that they had plenty of evidence and examples to go off already to get this resolved Joe??

Jimbo

Jimbo, standard reply to make it look like they are interested.

Am sure I'll get the same as everyone else, your sync speed is fine there is nothing wrong.