cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I was looking at Zen too, price capped for life..... and they can't be as useless as this bunch.

They offered, £70.80 for the new line, then £37 a month - pretty sure i can't get above 40MB so no point in going for the faster, but it's only £1.99 extra for the higher speed.

Free static IP and caller ID as well. I pay for caller id with VF.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After they've reduced the price this week it is looking attractive, although I'd pressed the go button last week on a deal with BT!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there not the option for you to migrate your current line to them and just pay the early termination charge?

mbames

Just looking at the voice offerings.... caller ID free, voicemail billable!

Not gonna pay the termination fee, i'd rather let this play out, show they don't fix it and get my money back from December, still got over a year on my contract so would be expensive to terminate.

mbames

If you raise a complaint to the Directors Office they will release you from the contract.  I'm in that boat....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 14 months left to go, but was surprised the termination fee is ~£150, I'd calculated £200 from the termination charge table I found but they quoted lower.

Found a deal @ £39.99/month + £140 cashback, £120 mastercard and an Amazon Echo to flog so about break even. (Deal ended now though).

Actually just realised am 9 months in to 18 month contract.

Still, i'll let this play out, i've raised a complaint, in multiple ways, i've tried to let them help but they refuse to acknowledge the problem so I'll go for some compo.

I can use both connections though playing about with my routing, i'll put video through Zen and general web through VF until I can get the Vf ended.

@mbames wrote:

I was looking at Zen too, price capped for life..... and they can't be as useless as this bunch.

Officially worse than VF. The Register