main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After they've reduced the price this week it is looking attractive, although I'd pressed the go button last week on a deal with BT!

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there not the option for you to migrate your current line to them and just pay the early termination charge?

View more options
12: Established

Just looking at the voice offerings.... caller ID free, voicemail billable!

View more options
8: Helper

Not gonna pay the termination fee, i'd rather let this play out, show they don't fix it and get my money back from December, still got over a year on my contract so would be expensive to terminate.

View more options

If you raise a complaint to the Directors Office they will release you from the contract.  I'm in that boat....

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 14 months left to go, but was surprised the termination fee is ~£150, I'd calculated £200 from the termination charge table I found but they quoted lower.

Found a deal @ £39.99/month + £140 cashback, £120 mastercard and an Amazon Echo to flog so about break even. (Deal ended now though).

View more options

Actually just realised am 9 months in to 18 month contract.

Still, i'll let this play out, i've raised a complaint, in multiple ways, i've tried to let them help but they refuse to acknowledge the problem so I'll go for some compo.

I can use both connections though playing about with my routing, i'll put video through Zen and general web through VF until I can get the Vf ended.

View more options
4: Newbie

@mbames wrote:

I was looking at Zen too, price capped for life..... and they can't be as useless as this bunch.

Officially worse than VF. The Register

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

@mbames wrote:

I was looking at Zen too, price capped for life..... and they can't be as useless as this bunch.

I can't believe that anyone can be worse than than VF..... Circus school must be training members up at a massive rate!  I've emailed Zen support a question, and in less than an hour they have already replied with a semi-sensible answer (no splitting wifi, changing DNS was mentioned!)

View more options

@Mozambezi wrote:

@mbames wrote:

Can't find anything that bad on them, seem to come out quite highly rated.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/01/the-2019-best-uk-home-broadband-isp-choices-by-isprevi...

I don't use Voicemail, but the static ip and IPv6 support is welcome.... Billion dollar company that doesn't support IPv6... Stupid.

View more options

Looking at there mobile plans I see there is a package call red entertainment with video services Prime Video being one of them couldn't see Netflix now I can stream 4K on Amazon Prime on my home network but not Netflix could this be vodafone giving priority over Netflix to Amazon Prime on some sort of deal just saying

View more options

No. Well known fact is what Amazon is one of the largest Tier I internet providers. Much bigger than VF Cable & Wireless.

Netflix is a company what is renting Internet servers and streaming, possibly using Amazon services

View more options

more of an accident than anything else when data passes through Vodafone's network.....

View more options
6: Helper

I don't think vodafone give more priority to any other services. Its as simple as their broadband service isn't fit for purpose. 

View more options

Jusr spoke to Tech2 at Glasgow. He said they getting sacked, no time scale yet.

Now tech support is going to be from Egypt. Why not Somalia or Zimbabwe or Iraq? (Would be cheaper. Hire slaves for nothing)

In case things go wrong you won't be able to take them to the UK Courts as Foreign companies do not care and will lie to you and stich you up as much as they can.

That is my experience with 3 UK when they broke my new £700 phone remotely. 

Advise is if VF broadband isn't up to level, just run. Deadlock letter and run

View more options
Highlighted

This is how VF implement traffic management....

11813536_10153196901145753_2663331554909490110_n.gif

View more options
6: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:

Jusr spoke to Tech2 at Glasgow. He said they getting sacked, no time scale yet.

Now tech support is going to be from Egypt. Why not Somalia or Zimbabwe or Iraq? (Would be cheaper. Hire slaves for nothing)

In case things go wrong you won't be able to take them to the UK Courts as Foreign companies do not care and will lie to you and stich you up as much as they can.

That is my experience with 3 UK when they broke my new £700 phone remotely. 

Advise is if VF broadband isn't up to level, just run. Deadlock letter and run

Inb4 Phil got sacked for trying to help ;(

I wish a few forums mods would get sacked though... Won't say any names  

View more options

If I were to cancel would I sign with up with new isp first then cancel vodafone this would be within the 30 day cooling off period do I email or phone and would line still be active till line was taken over.

View more options

You should be able to phone for a code and tell them you're leaving, they should leave it live until the next provider takes it over.

Will take 10 days to migrate.

View more options

The register is running a story on this tomorrow

View more options