main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

4: Newbie

Do you think VF Management reading this thread or "register" ? LOL

They have a KPI : customers in and customers out. market share. business expences 

View more options
8: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:

Do you think VF Management reading this thread or "register" ? LOL

They have a KPI : customers in and customers out. market share. business expences 

I take it by your sarcasm you don't understand what putting this issue in front of the world of IT will do.

It will harm there sign ups, it may cause ofcom to see it and start an investigation, it may help people get out there contracts penalty free.

At least am trying to help people unlike someone who sits and criticses others.

View more options
3: Seeker

Just want to share my experience. 

I signed  with Vodafone last September and after a few days of ups and downs with speed it kind of settled with regards to speed tests but download were hit and miss. As most of my main downloadable content was via steam,origin,playstation etc this seemed to work fine and thought nothing of it. 

Now it seems speedtest results are effetced aswell as other speed testing sites. Not sure how long this has been going on for but with multi and single tests:

I should be getting 60mbps. Steam downloads are grinding to a hault, youtube in 4K has also given up.

vodafone.PNG

fast.com gives me a result of 6.9!

So, poor results across the board. I therefore have taken BT's offer of buying out Vodafone's contract, and going for their current Infinity 2 package at 39.99 for 18 months. Was with BT before Vodafone and had ZERO issues with the 6 years being with them since fibre was avalible in my area. Only switched because of the price. Should of known better! 

View more options
14: Advanced member

its here guys 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/vodafone_video_streaming_slowness_line_cards/

the network operator told us it had found problems with "some line cards" that affected "a small number of customers", and flatly denied the underlying cause was the throttling of connections.

it would be great if the daily mirror publish the article

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sell-my-story/

View more options
10: Established

Just wanted to report back 

I'm fully off the vodafone network now - my main line went active, and guess what i'm able to stream perfectly well with bt,  no buffering at all or the need to use a vpn.

I did no changes to the router apart from change the login name - I'm pleased we can now move on from these conartists,   feels good to be on a working service again - It's been good that we got this time for everyone to share our problems rather than thinking we were the only ones. 

View more options

I recon to put things straight we need sort of thread  Tracker with Status

Like this one

FLT09123456 @Mozambezi Slow speed Resolved on 29/02/19 .  

Do you agree? I recon it would help with Ofcom dealings. VF couldn't deny facts then

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Slow-Throughput-Speed-Repairs-Tracker/td-p/2626023#

View more options
Administrator

Vodafone are continuing to invest heavily in their Broadband network - part of this investment is new hardware. Since its installation we’ve seen degradation of services for some of our customers. Working with our vendors we've identified the root cause & have tested a fix within our lab environment.

Over the next few weeks this fix will be rolled out to the live Network. Customer experience is key to everything we do within Vodafone, so we apologise for this drop in performance.

View more options
6: Helper

Nice Phil.

So does that means i don't need to run anymore speedtests?

View more options

hi phil

if your saying you are updating then can I also make the point of it may be a good idea to supply a different router as vodafone has confirmed last year that your router has issue with staying sync with high fec corrections and the only fix is to use a third party router that vodafone are making customer buy which is totally wrong .not to even mension the wifi issue that keeps turning the wifi off and on 

View more options

@Phil wrote:

Vodafone are continuing to invest heavily in their Broadband network - part of this investment is new hardware. Since its installation we’ve seen degradation of services for some of our customers. Working with our vendors we've identified the root cause & have tested a fix within our lab environment.

Over the next few weeks this fix will be rolled out to the live Network. Customer experience is key to everything we do within Vodafone, so we apologise for this drop in performance.

So why didn't you test the upgrade in the lab before live? roll back when you realise it didn't work?

why when people phone up and tell you about this, your support deny anything is wrong and say your sync speed is fine but we'll change your DNS servers and that will fix it.

That is a big problem, when your front line staff are told don't accept anything, don't believe the customer.

As i asked at the start, what is your fault reference so i can phone up and say am suffering this issue please add me to the list and give an accurate ETA, as you do realise we are paying for this crap?

View more options

Why don't post here Fault reference: 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Slow-Throughput-Speed-Repairs-Tracker/td-p/2626023#

This way we would know if it is genuine and what happens about it?

Forum isn't official way to report. It is not possible to identify user and user line  by nickname. C'mon let's help ourselves

View more options
Highlighted
12: Established

Must be official now.... its on The Register!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/vodafone_video_streaming_slowness_line_cards/

Although for me me everything seems to be throttled, not just streaming.  Ho hum.

View more options

Mbames,

You must be one of the "small number of customers" affected by the line card issue.

It strange with the amount of people on the forums having the same issues I would assume all in different parts of the UK that would mean a fair amount of line cards would needed to be replaced.

From the article

El Reg has asked Vodafone why a line card, a piece of street cabinet-level connectivity equipment, would affect download speeds based purely on the site accessed by a customer. We will update this article if we hear back from them.

Sounds like more BS from vodafone.  

View more options

Well said I was thinking the same thing .add me to the list . Maybe vodafone need to know we're every one is in order to fix the cards .Can we have some new cards in derby please .what a joke 

View more options
12: Established

@Shooto wrote:

From the article

El Reg has asked Vodafone why a line card, a piece of street cabinet-level connectivity equipment, would affect download speeds based purely on the site accessed by a customer. We will update this article if we hear back from them.

Sounds like more BS from vodafone.  

Traffic Shaping at a line card level, now that is a new one on me 

View more options

what is really clear this is a joke because how does a vpn get around the card (the answer is ,it simple cant )

at lease we all know the answer to the question why we are not getting updates from phil  

View more options

It seems then that vpn's can bypass actual hardware issues at cabinets very interesting.

I wonder if i can use it to bypass my issue i have with my toaster circuit board

View more options
2: Seeker

I came across  this thread as it's linked from theregister, have to say after reading through all the pages wow some of you behave like children no wonder people don't want to engage with you. Especially the guy saying the mod isn't posting yet there's a post from that very mod about 4/5 posts up the page where he acknowledges there's an issue and a fix is being deployed after working in the lab with the vendor.

In terms of the "line card" thing, there's a poster on theregister comments who has explained a similar issue they had and that it appears that line card is not not just used to describe the cards in FTTC cabinets and that more than likely it's a core router line card, which would explain why not everyone is impacted like the person who said their friends were fine but they weren't.

View more options

@EchoChamber wrote:

I came across  this thread as it's linked from theregister, have to say after reading through all the pages wow some of you behave like children no wonder people don't want to engage with you. Especially the guy saying the mod isn't posting yet there's a post from that very mod about 4/5 posts up the page where he acknowledges there's an issue and a fix is being deployed after working in the lab with the vendor.

In terms of the "line card" thing, there's a poster on theregister comments who has explained a similar issue they had and that it appears that line card is not not just used to describe the cards in FTTC cabinets and that more than likely it's a core router line card, which would explain why not everyone is impacted like the person who said their friends were fine but they weren't.

oh sorry silly us.

Let's bring you up to speed.

IF we call VF they will deny any problem, they check your sync speed - nothing wrong, then they will say it's your DNS settings, then it's a wifi problem even if you tell them it's a wired connection, you explain it's a known fault look at this thread on forum but they won't and just tell more lies.

You can't raise a complaint because they lie to you and won't raise it.

They lie about everything and deny.

Phil is the only person that has admitted there is a problem, and a fix will be coming but don't know when.

Some people have been suffering months of this, no compensation and VF are not letting leave penalty free as required by ofcom rules.

So no we don't believe what someone comes on and says yes there's a fault and we'll fix it, it's been around 3 months now, and notice they don't give ANY expected time frame, literally they won't say when it's going to be fixed.

Now if they give it for free while they resolve the issue I won't mind staying.

So don't come here telling us we're acting like children when people are paying money for something they are not getting, they are being lied to constantly and so don't trust anything said, we're entitled to complain and not believe.

View more options

Just tried to call broadband support, got offices are closed then it said if you're fixed line broadband call 0845 then the phone line went dead.

Really loving the customer experiance.

View more options