cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Mbames,

You must be one of the "small number of customers" affected by the line card issue.

It strange with the amount of people on the forums having the same issues I would assume all in different parts of the UK that would mean a fair amount of line cards would needed to be replaced. :Hmm_Face:

From the article

El Reg has asked Vodafone why a line card, a piece of street cabinet-level connectivity equipment, would affect download speeds based purely on the site accessed by a customer. We will update this article if we hear back from them.

Sounds like more BS from vodafone.  

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Well said I was thinking the same thing .add me to the list . Maybe vodafone need to know we're every one is in order to fix the cards .Can we have some new cards in derby please .what a joke 

mbames
13: Advanced Member

@Shooto wrote:

From the article

El Reg has asked Vodafone why a line card, a piece of street cabinet-level connectivity equipment, would affect download speeds based purely on the site accessed by a customer. We will update this article if we hear back from them.

Sounds like more BS from vodafone.  

Traffic Shaping at a line card level, now that is a new one on me :Horror_Face:

gipjon

what is really clear this is a joke because how does a vpn get around the card (the answer is ,it simple cant )

at lease we all know the answer to the question why we are not getting updates from phil  

It seems then that vpn's can bypass actual hardware issues at cabinets very interesting.

I wonder if i can use it to bypass my issue i have with my toaster circuit board :Hmm_Face:

I came across  this thread as it's linked from theregister, have to say after reading through all the pages wow some of you behave like children no wonder people don't want to engage with you. Especially the guy saying the mod isn't posting yet there's a post from that very mod about 4/5 posts up the page where he acknowledges there's an issue and a fix is being deployed after working in the lab with the vendor.

In terms of the "line card" thing, there's a poster on theregister comments who has explained a similar issue they had and that it appears that line card is not not just used to describe the cards in FTTC cabinets and that more than likely it's a core router line card, which would explain why not everyone is impacted like the person who said their friends were fine but they weren't.

@EchoChamber wrote:

I came across  this thread as it's linked from theregister, have to say after reading through all the pages wow some of you behave like children no wonder people don't want to engage with you. Especially the guy saying the mod isn't posting yet there's a post from that very mod about 4/5 posts up the page where he acknowledges there's an issue and a fix is being deployed after working in the lab with the vendor.

In terms of the "line card" thing, there's a poster on theregister comments who has explained a similar issue they had and that it appears that line card is not not just used to describe the cards in FTTC cabinets and that more than likely it's a core router line card, which would explain why not everyone is impacted like the person who said their friends were fine but they weren't.

oh sorry silly us.

Let's bring you up to speed.

IF we call VF they will deny any problem, they check your sync speed - nothing wrong, then they will say it's your DNS settings, then it's a wifi problem even if you tell them it's a wired connection, you explain it's a known fault look at this thread on forum but they won't and just tell more lies.

You can't raise a complaint because they lie to you and won't raise it.

They lie about everything and deny.

Phil is the only person that has admitted there is a problem, and a fix will be coming but don't know when.

Some people have been suffering months of this, no compensation and VF are not letting leave penalty free as required by ofcom rules.

So no we don't believe what someone comes on and says yes there's a fault and we'll fix it, it's been around 3 months now, and notice they don't give ANY expected time frame, literally they won't say when it's going to be fixed.

Now if they give it for free while they resolve the issue I won't mind staying.

So don't come here telling us we're acting like children when people are paying money for something they are not getting, they are being lied to constantly and so don't trust anything said, we're entitled to complain and not believe.

Just tried to call broadband support, got offices are closed then it said if you're fixed line broadband call 0845 then the phone line went dead.

Really loving the customer experiance.

Exchange router line card. Expanding Exchange Switch to accept in/out connections.

Card itself might be not fully compatible with switch hardware.

As example. Exchange switch line capacity 10GB/s. It uses let's say only 6GB/s. Provider plugs new expansion line card and connecting more WAN users, as example to top up to 8 GB/s. 

Exchange switch usually doesn't belong to broadband provider (belongs to data centre or Tier 1 provider) , line card does belong to Tier 3 (in our case VF)

However card or switch don't talk well on firmware level, their processors getting overloaded prematurely. End user has higher ping and low throughput speed as result.

If you want totget o mo technical then Google "Backplane" on network switch. This thing when line card overloaded by traffic starting offloading between users of Line Card. It means here is plenty of capacity on exchange but 128 or 64 users on this ##~## line (card) will suffer.

I feel VF started upgrade program on Exchanges and didn't check in timely way how it works . Now VF playing catch up