cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Speculating on the problem is pointless.

All they needed to do was brief the support staff on the problem and what checks to do to prove it.

Log a ticket and add it to a "main ticket"

Explain it's a known fault and they are working to resolve it, give estimated timeframe of fix.

If it's not within a few days, offer goodwil to cover the degraded service and explain customer will get updates as the fix comes to rollout for them.

They then know mostly how many customers are affected and where, keep customers informed, and keep them happy.

As it stands, we only have Phil saying yeah we know a fault, few weeks to fix but without explaination why it's taken so long, and without actually committing to a fix.

So they have ##~## off lots of customers, I don't doubt they have lost a number of customers because of it and it all could have been avoided.

I believe here might be no fix. VF spent a lot of money on upgrade and used wrong components. Lol.

My personal example. I have Linksys commercial grade router (because VF router is that bad). And Linksys shipped this router with buggy firmware for network chip.  Here were lots of attempts from Linksys and chip manufacturer to rewrite code..  and they couldn't in a year time. Client started abandoning this flagship model. Linksys then removed this chip from PCB and replaced with not so cool one (but working).  Since then this router is one of thethe b 

Oh my days, only came over to Voda start if the year & was faultless.

Last 2 weeks have been horrendous being unable to steam anything of an evening.

During the day everything peachy.  Soon as we get near peak time (7pm onwards) then no point.

netflix, Amazon prime, iptv, Kodi, YouTube all useless.

4K Netflix plan and get 6.5Mbps

The story has also been ran on

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/isp-vodafone-uk-responds-to-gripes-over-slow-video-str...

Think I've given them some good amount of pressure now, everyone affected should be asking for compensation as they can't deny it as they've made a public statement.

@sijones2010 wrote:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/isp-vodafone-uk-responds-to-gripes-over-slow-video-str...

Think I've given them some good amount of pressure now, everyone affected should be asking for compensation as they can't deny it as they've made a public statement.

Then anybody proving beyond much doubt that they have a problem by sending many weeks worth of speed test results to Vodafone towers should be allowed to leave their contract and move to another provider without quibble or penalty, especially as they have essentially admitted that there is a problem, even if they are insisting that it only affects a small amount of customers - being a "minority" Isn't any comfort for those who pretty much have a u/s service because they stream.

No "if's" or "buts"

@grimreaper wrote:

@sijones2010 wrote:

Then anybody proving beyond much doubt that they have a problem by sending many weeks worth of speed test results to Vodafone towers should be allowed to leave their contract and move to another provider without quibble or penalty, especially as they have essentially admitted that there is a problem, even if they are insisting that it only affects a small amount of customers - being a "minority" Isn't any comfort for those who pretty much have a u/s service because they stream.

No "if's" or "buts"

"that it only affects a small amount of customers"

Haha, small..

After reading the links above for the first time - I Told Vodafone on the phone on Thursday 28th of Febuary 2019 I suspected my issue was a network line card somewhere on their network..........

I told them I had exactly the same issue on virgin media cable / fibre 4 years ago and they suspected a faulty network linecard on their network. VM's tech team got me to send them about 10 traceroute tests for different servers and they had the problem fixed within a week from then.

By-the-by another VM customer about 1 mile from me had the exact same issue as me (on their comunity forum).

The same day my speed went back to normal after their fix. So did he's 🙂

Post yout fault code and story here

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Slow-Throughput-Speed-Repairs-Tracker/td-p/2626023

we will see  how many of us and what is follow up. easier to track. now it is somehow feel childish.

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

i would sooner post when will my internet work ,why am i not getting what i am paying for , what is a update phil ,

when can i start to watch netflix again . if fact i would like to know what status or job title does phil hold 

Are Vodafone even aware that this Forum still exists? Surely its one of the most popular places to be at the momement as we are already on "Page 21".

Hello, Can anyone hear us? ? ?