cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Phil’s latest update (iirc) was that they were testing something in the lab and would start rolling it out shortly (no definition of shortly).

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

i think the most view issue thread on vodafone over 9200 views, is the faulty router one, most vodafone customer don't realise that they even have a fault ,that why they have lower sync speed and slower internet 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/High-FEC-Corrections-and-CRC-errors-on-upstr...

think the total most view thread  is HOW TO: Use a third party router on Vodafone VDSL is over 52,000 and yet vodafone tv adverts say there router is good , 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Vodafone UK has a current Broadband advert due to issues OFCOM preffering that ISPs stick to something approaching reality!  The fact that VF feel unable to sign up to the latest "voluntary" code of contract is a demonstration of the problem that VF have!

If you get to speak to an OpenReach engineer (one of the good ones), they are quite blase regards FEC corrections (the error correction is doing what it's designed to do).  It's only when it's still combined with high levels of CRC errors that they are interested in doing an indepth investigation.

Okay, so a few on here know I tried to create a Heat map regards where slow downs in the network are happening.  Well, for the record, I have my map of locations to test, but the heat map doesn't work.  It wasn't a complete failure though, as it shows that the slow points on the network are not fixed, they seem to change from day to day.  It does seem that for those of us affected, connections to none UK sites are ALWAYS affected, but UK internal issues seem "mobile".  Hopefully this doesn't mean there is more than a single issue at play!

There you go, trying to real on this just gets me to seeing potentially more problems, and less fixes!

https://www.youtube.com/user/VODAFONEUK/videos?sort=dd&view=0&flow=grid

To be fair to VF they have said a fix is coming and will roll out over the next "few" weeks.

Personally, I don't believe them, i'd expect a firm plan by now with the date the rollout will start and expected completion.

And for Phil to finish his message saying customer experience is key is laughable, currently (out of hours) I have no way of reporting any faults if my broadband goes down as the "broadband" number that is on the website goes to a team that is closed out of normal hours and cuts you off before you hear the out of hours number to call, a number that starts with 0845 meaning it's going to cost you a bit to call.

If customer experience is key then may I suggest that someone at VF call your own numbers and listen to the IVR and try different ways, it's truly awful that most of the time you end up at a mobile team even though you've selected options that should take you to the broadband team.

VF Tech2 support is aware of this thread.

So far here only 3 faults in Fault Tracker with appropriate FLT fault reference

Rest of you looks like trolling forum without providing details of your fault and VF outcome. No your details don't help

@Mozambezi wrote:

VF Tech2 support is aware of this thread.

So far here only 3 faults in Fault Tracker with appropriate FLT fault reference

Rest of you looks like trolling forum without providing details of your fault and VF outcome. No your details don't help

Give it a rest, people don't need to follow your instructions, no one needs to prove themselves to you. Fact is people are here because they are suffering a problem and they are sure they have one but VF are using the tactic of the sync is fine so it's not them.

VF are not allowing faults to be raised, I have phoned several times, but have not been able to get a fault reference but they tell me it's been raised to 3rd line, they have also said a complaint has been raised but so far no one has called me back and the ref they gave is the manager made up one.

To me it feels like you're the troll, saying nothing then suddenly they've given you a fix, didn't think to tell anyone? 

If you would read this topic I already said here was a fix on my line.

However blaming VF and not supporting with proof calls libel. You don't have to put your fault reference. But then don't complain from behind bushes what it isn't resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mozambezi Perhaps for future reference you could tell people here where online they can find their fault reference tracking numbers.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Slow-Throughput-Speed-Repairs-Tracker/m-p/2626023

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mozambezi Perhaps for future reference you could tell people here where online they can find their fault reference tracking numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mozambezi I know I'm guilty at times of skim reading things and so not answering the question;  I was asking where online the average Vodafone user would find a log of their reported fault(s) and the current status (I am aware of your previous thread).

As an example: Three weeks ago to the day there was an incident with the cabinet that provides my services.  That cabinet was out of commission for around 12 hours, but even after it came back on-line my service speeds were heavily impacted.  After waiting more than a week for the DLM to pull the speed back up, nothing was happening and so I contacted Tech support.  After numerous calls an OR engineer fixed the problem for us on Friday.  So using this as an example where would an average Vodafone customer find the progress of thier reported fault within Vodafone's online pages or within Vodafone's apps?