cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

gipjon
16: Advanced member

hey mozambebi

there is snow outside of my house and you are thinking what has that got to do with slow single speed ,and the answer is its has nothing to do with slow speed on a single download speed check

this thread is about

slow single speed making it hard to stream netflix .

vodafone looked into it .

vodafone doing a major fixed overnight on sunday .

monday customers checking and reporting to vodafone if the fix worked for them .

vodafone doing a couple more fix over the next two week

in two weeks time the next set of customers report if the new fix works

the end ( we are hoping )

mozambebi if you got nothing revevent to say then don't say it

@Mozambezi wrote:

Separate from Openreach are : Virgin, Sky, Vodafone Gigafast

No alternative. BT has priority traffic. If exchange overloaded rest of ISP's are struggling.

However VF had success in pushing faults to Openreach to resolve. Basically when fault isn't on VF side then VF will resolve it. :Smiling:

Sky isn't seperate, same as VF, TalkTalk etc.

BT doesn't have priority but owns the fibre therefore they are not limited by a "bought" capacity, each ISP buys link capacity from BT, they buy a 10Gb fibre link they will have 10Gb capacity, it's not oversold as it's a contractual obligation to provide the capacity.

Just because one fault you had got resolved by Openreach on one occasion doesn't mean VF are any better than anyone else, it means the engineer on that fault managed to find it and fix it. There is all levels of experiance in Openreach, some have been there for 30 years and know there stuff, some are newer and probably didn't spot the problem.

I've had 2 times in different properties where someone has come out and said nothing wrong, but when i persisted and they sent out a higher engineer he found the fault in 10 minutes and fixed it, you just have to know the system and play the game.

So stop the false information it's not helpful.

gipjon

The reason why mozambezi is not having speed issue is because he is on BT wholesale part of vodafone network 

in plain english vodafone have existing vodafone fibre cable and cable and wireless fibre cable running up and down the country and branches off to you where vodafone does not have infrastructure it use bt wholesale to supply your internet 

HOW IT WORKS as basic as i can put it 

Your internet goes from your house to the bt fibre cabinet( green box ) then to the sub bt exchange ,then to the main bt exchange then connect to 1 of vodafone fibre cables , runs up or down the country to vodafone servers london or cw.net and then around the world to places like netflix ,( its like a tree each branch is connected through a node and the base of the tree is vodafone and then vodafone connects to the base of another tree and travel to everywhere through the tree and branches to like netflix  etc )

If any one can remember vodafone had an old broadband network until they decided to sell all its vodafone broadband customers to plus net in 2012.

In 2015 vodafone started selling broadband again and In a statement, Vodafone explained: "Vodafone UK will roll out residential broadband services from spring 2015. The service will be based on Vodafone's existing fixed infrastructure, with more than 20,500km of fibre. Additional coverage will be provided through wholesale and co-location."

What that essentially means is that Vodafone will use its own fibre network where it can, but use BT's infrastructure elsewhere. and then you have to remember vodafone also brought the cable and wireless network.

Hi All,

I have a quick question. In general which speed tests have Level 2 tech (or above) been asking other folk here for?

Level 2 Tech team has only ever asked me for tests through Speedtest.net, and did not request for me to select any specific server to choose from the list.

I did once have a VF member of staff on the phone (not tech level 2) ask me to a fast.com test once as well as Speedtest.net. Also one other time on the phone a labs.thinkbroadband test.

Many thanks in advance.

**UPDATE** I have started a new thread for this. I thought it might be more appropriate too:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Which-Speed-Tests/td-p/2627255

Hi All, after spending some time to read the above topics and unfirtunatelly did not find a solution, I decided to share my concerns about the streaming issues through VF.

So I have upgraded to Superfast 2 in August and all was working fine untill sometime in November when my IPTV started buffering, my Netflix barely works in HD and since reading this forum got my hands on Twich for testing with same results.

End of January I have called and talked on chat with various ppl and no fix so far. As above mentioned, streaming is affected badly. I changed WiFi to cable for testing, changed channels as asked, split the network, changed DNS - no effect. Since recently, bought a month subscription on Express VPN and vuoala, everything workes like a charm even in FHD, which I have filtered out due to buffering issues. 

It also works good on Mobile Tethering on VF 4G network.

So now I just got to the point where fix is mentioned tonight. Fingers crossed it is gonna work, otherwise I will have to consider going somwhere else if it continues like that, because so far the Team on Customer Service is really unexperienced and even me ( green in all internet stuff) have sometimes more idea what to do, than them.

Bracknell, Berkshire area, funny enough Vodafone's HQ is based in my town, so I might pop in there with a complain 😉 

Regards to all and big thanks to everyone trying to resolve this problem and literally doing all the work that VF staff should do.

Mark

Well... It's 4am, getting 21Mbps.

Maybe because it's 4am? Still buffering though.

Time will tell tomorrow...

At this moment fast.com is showing 35Mbps, so looks like something has changed over night.

Still seems to be any London server for me and still geting buffering on 1080/60 Twitch streams

TEST_DATE
DOWNLOAD_MEGABITS
UPLOAD_MEGABITS
LATENCY_MSSERVER_NAME
DISTANCE_MILES
CONNECTION_MODE
2/11/2019 10:073.9217.8216London0single
2/11/2019 10:086.7717.8616London0single
2/11/2019 10:0943.6817.8216Slough50single
2/11/2019 10:1036.517.7116Maidenhead50single
2/11/2019 10:1227.9717.4523Preston200single
3/11/2019 06:3851.5817.8216Maidenhead50single
3/11/2019 06:396.8817.8816London0single
3/11/2019 06:4140.1217.3227Preston200single
3/11/2019 06:4438.4117.2328Preston200single
3/11/2019 06:453.6417.715London0single
3/11/2019 06:463.5817.8215London0single

@BigBEn wrote:

Still seems to be any London server for me and still geting buffering on 1080/60 Twitch streams

Where you from?

Yeah, 1080/60 is still the same... But my Fast.com has gone back to the amazing speed of 8 Mbps, it has been over 20 Mbps all night.

Hey Phil, I know asking for an update is such a big issues around here, but can we please get a list of locations that are being worked on?

You can even copy and paste the list!! :Socked_Face:

Near Portsmouth on the South coast