cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@BigBEn wrote:

Still seems to be any London server for me and still geting buffering on 1080/60 Twitch streams

Where you from?

Yeah, 1080/60 is still the same... But my Fast.com has gone back to the amazing speed of 8 Mbps, it has been over 20 Mbps all night.

Hey Phil, I know asking for an update is such a big issues around here, but can we please get a list of locations that are being worked on?

You can even copy and paste the list!! :Socked_Face:

Am sure now it will be "congestion" at the exchange, they need to add more capacity please wait a few months.... :Winking_smiley:

Am now currently on 21Mbps (7.35), lost 14Mbps in an hour....

gipjon
16: Advanced member

full speed test results coming at 9pm

Still scuffed here in good old Llanelli. Wales. (SWLJ)

Still only getting 3Mbps (on a 35Mbps line) to fast.com in Suffolk...

Last night's works have obviously not had any effect on my line.

When is the next node due?

Seems to be a lot better this afternoon in Liverpool  up to 29Mbps on fast.com

Single 17Mbps/ multi 25Mbps on thinkt broadband all test done wirelessly though.

Only 5Mbps to fast.com. Prestatyn, North Wales.

Was running at full speed just over a week ago.

gipjon

full speed test results at about 9pm

I can watch Twitch.tv at 1080p now in Derby.

The WAN went down at 00:00 for a few minutes -- i guess that is sign of changes!!

Hi,

My speeds are ok as well, maybe bit less than normally, getting arround 3/4 of full speed on Xilo, Maidenhead and Slough Seacom, which were the fastest for me recently peaking at arround 60Mb/s. Vodafone Servers are slow for me, no more than 25Mb/s multi and single less than 20Mb/s. I have 60Mb/s showing on my router.

AM:

Xilo and Seacom 48Mb/s Multi and 35Mb/s Single

PM:

Xilo and Seacom 42Mb/s Multi and 28Mb/s Single

But:

IPTV still buffering in HD channels (not mentioning FHD),

Twitch still buffering on Android Box wireless at 480p, PC ethernet still buffers at 900p/60 and higher,

Netflix - starts in SD for few min and then changes auto to better quality but still not good enough.

Ofc when turning on VPN everything works ok 😞 (FHD, Twitch 1080p/60)

So no fix for me here 😞

Bracknell, Berkshire

Mark