cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

I'm getting 7 Mbit/s at fast.com

5 Mbit/s single at Speedtest.net - Vodafone Bracknell :Sad_face:

@Shooto wrote:

My connection speed is still running well tonight.

Hit 870mpbs at fast.com in one test.

Speedtest.net - Vodafone Bracknell 895mpbs / 510mbps

100/100Mbps  ping improved. Fast.com was 12ms, now 6ms. Wow

@Mozambezi wrote:

@Kings wrote:

@Mozambezi you couldnt be more wrong.

I haven't contacted Vodafone or spoken to Tech2 or anything of the sort and my issue is fixed.

They're going around every node thats borked and fixing it., however slow it may be.

Magic fix. Lol. If you would read from the top you would find out what one of guys here shifted press and Ofcom to deliver single thread fix . And here are other issues what you might not aware off. Your advice on wait and see will cost many here real money. Could you please make yourself favour please ? Think first before posting 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/2619260/...

I don't think the press did anything and thatvVodafone were already testing a fix, shortly after Phil posted that about working with the vendor at least one user reported the issue resolved , weren't you also fixed before the online news story?

Working for a telecoms company in a previous role they don't just role out a fix network wide without extensive testing particularly on core network devices like the thinkbroadband article wrote about , reading this thread it looks like they did single user test fixs. Phil says as much here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/2619260/...

@gipjon wrote:

today i can say this has to be the worse my internet has ever been  

well i had the fix on sunday night

monday my net was full speed best it has ever been 

tuesday great apart from 5 til 7pm 

today i can say this has to be the worse my internet has ever been  

amazon prime keeps stopping and saying your internet is to slow in the mid afternoon

web pages keep taking about 10 seconds to load 

tried to download some files from my solicitors cant get above 75 kb/s  dial up was quicky 

fast.com keep saying unable to run speed test 

speed test,net keep saying error 

and when you do get a speed test to run it some times says 31mb and other times its like 0mb or 2mb 

Sounds like you have a different fault to the single thread one, start a new one so people don't get confused. 

Did you already have a fault open with them anyway for speedtest constantly slow even if its multi thread? 

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

vodafone told me i am definitely on the node with the issue but since the fix on sunday my internet has gone really weird ,speed test are max or nothing 

tialynn  had the fix last week and this morning his speed has drop back to 5mb 

been like it all day 

what is realy odd when the speed test says max speed and then i go to my portal to download files from my solicitor im getting 54 kb/s 

so as a test i download utorrent and pick 6 files and the total dowload wont go above 100 kb/s even when the speed test is saying max speed 31mb 

i even swap the laptop for the other laptop and still the same 

@Mozambezi wrote:

@rodhull wrote:

I did raise a fault via the complaints mechanism (I was never given a magical "FLT" reference though) and I was called back by a few different levels of Tech support who had me do the usual rubbish of connecting my router to a test socket etc (even though it was just Netflix primarily that was affected). Then Christmas came along and honestly I couldn't be bothered to go through the painful tech support process again who didn't seem to understand the problem correctly...then I saw this thread (and the "Vodafone throttling Netflix" one in the "Other broadband queries" area) so decided to sit tight and wait for the fabled fix...

Still waiting obviously...

No FLT reference - no technical fix. Customer reference starting with CZK usually being closed without any action.

To get FLT as you said you will need sort of magic. I was recording my conversations in case I wanted to leave penalty free.

However for me VF was fixed and I feel blessed with their working broadband for half price of nearest competitor.

Some people giving up before getting FLT

Weird, I didn't get a FLT number. My reference also started with CZK, and everything got fixed :Smiling:

That is because you was the Man. And you nailed it with all videos etc. Credit to you.

Think broadband 13Mbps

fast net.com 5.5Mbps

Netflix app on Smart TV connection speed 7.5Mbps tested within the Netflix app network test

Speedtest.net Single Stream vodafone Bracknell 5Mbps Multi 13 Mbps

Speedtest.net Xilo multi 55Mbps

Speedtest.net Xilo Single 36Mbp

Speed test on Netgear Orb Router at 8.15pm

Twitch TV buffering at 10.80p

Just to confirm to anyone new reading the forums and is confused by talk of FLT numbers I think you can safely ignore this nonsense for this issue of slow single thread speeds. I too have had no contact with support and the problem has been resolved at exactly the same time as a bunch of others in the forum, presumably all in the same area covered by the node that was fixed on that day. It doesn't make any sense that only specific customers would be fixed.

As others have said it would be very useful if Phil could give areas covered by nodes that have been worked on or have planned work still to be carried out so people could be reassured of progress. I suspect the reason this won't be done is that it would reveal the true scope of the problem that VF has previously described as only affecting a small numer of customers.

Mine had improved last week but IPTV buffering again and fast.com back down to 7meg