cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Well this is just great...

My single has been around 14 Mbps all ##~## day... No buffering at 1080/60 though.

Been getting 60+ all week, yet now it's back to crappy speeds. It's ALWAYS the same crap with Vodafail.

IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO READ WHO'RE THINKING ABOUT JOINING VODAFONE D O N T

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I was starting to think it was just me that had an odd issue 

after the fix,

2 days of good speed

then really crap for about 42 hours 

then 4 days of full speed so far 

speed.png4 days full speed ( Thursday till mon )and then tonight at about 11:15pm issue back again back down to 2mb 

speed1.png

@gipjon wrote:

I was starting to think it was just me that had an odd issue 

after the fix,

2 days of good speed

then really crap for about 42 hours 

then 4 days of full speed so far 

speed.png4 days full speed ( Thursday till mon )and then tonight at about 11:15pm issue back again back down to 2mb 

speed1.png

It's always the same with Vodafail really...

It's 2am and im getting full speed lol...  Sure "peak" time might lower your speed somewhat, but going from 60Mbps to under 10Mbps at peak times is a joke and shouldn't be allowed.

If we wanted slow crap speeds, we'd pay for crap slow speeds... But we're paying for high speeds, so give us the speed we're paying for.

@gipjon wrote:

Are they taken about the same time or through out the day

Those last results taken between 7 and 7:55 pm yesterday.

Fast.com went up and down on 5 or 6 tests only 30 seconds to a minute apart.

So left it for a while and it did it again on the next 5 or 6 tests.

Starting to go pants again.

My Broadband Speed Test

Has the fix been implemented yet?  My throughput is still terrible.  I also spoke to a few people at work today (South Yorskshire) that have Vodafone Fibre, both said the same, netflix is unwatchable and buffering all the time on IPTV, but that was last night.

@robuk360 wrote:

Has the fix been implemented yet?  My throughput is still terrible.  I also spoke to a few people at work today (South Yorskshire) that have Vodafone Fibre, both said the same, netflix is unwatchable and buffering all the time on IPTV, but that was last night.

Not every node which is by area has been done yet, not enough information to know how many is left or what has been done. Think there is another couple of nodes which you could be on one. It's a waiting game for you at the moment until they say its completed.

Tonight is the night for the last fix 

come tomorrow everyone's broadband should be running great unless you have got congestion issues

Come tomorrow the "few people" affected by this issue hopefully it will not be the following:Winking_smiley:

"It's all gone Pete Tong"

Vodafone Bracknell Multi 55Mbps Single 45Mbps

Fast net.com 50Mbps

think Broadband 50Mbps

No Buffering twitch tv at 10.80p

Quick test via Wi-Fi on tablet

East Devon  Exmouth Exchange

So Big Improvement

Hope it holds and the rest of you got the fix last night