main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

4: Newbie

@Vodafone

Why is this the best I can get on single thread speed from Labs.thinkbroadband ?

My Broadband Speed Test

View more options
12: Established

That is about how my line is performing too.  Suggests limited congestion, but not too bad...

or they are still throttling traffic!

View more options

Another 4 in a row:

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

View more options
14: Advanced member

that to me looks like you still have single speed issues.

has anyone contacted you yet from Vodafone. You would think that a media team advisor would have raised this for you 

View more options

@gipjon wrote:

that to me looks like you still have single speed issues.

has anyone contacted you yet from Vodafone. You would think that a media team advisor would have raised this for you 

In answer to your question, Yes more then once.

I have been given 2 x FLT numbers. Sent them 5 lots of speed tests.

Tech level 2 never bothered to contact me and refused to talk to me
when I phoned and asked to speak to them.

On the first batch speed tests, I was told Tech 2 would phone me back.
They never did so.

On the second batch, they refused to talk again and told the CS guy
to tell me "Case closed, you didn't disable the wifi on your router"
When I insisted to the CS guy I did disable the wifi, he put me hold
spoke to tech 2 again and came back with "Tech 2 told me to tell you
It's interference on your copper telephone line." I asked again to
speak to tech 2 he put me on hold and come back with "They will not
talk to you, they have washed their hands of it"

Third batch nothing heard back.
Forth batch nothing heard back.

Since both FLT numbers were now closed I then needed a third FLT number.
They would not give me a third one unless I submitted another batch
of speed tests. Unlike before when they gave me an FLT number to go
with my speed tests. So I sent another batch, which they rejected because
they could not see the the wording 'safe-mode' in each corner.
Strange they never mentioned that before on the previous 4 batches of
speed tests I sent. It was in safe-mode every time, however with the
lower screen resolution I had to have the browser fully expanded.
Also Since They never disputed that before and the instructions only said
"7) We need to have a screenshot of your whole screen - it is extremely
important that this includes the taskbar, with the date, time and connection
method visible, eg: (*with a photo of the bottom right hand corner showing
the clock and network connections*)" 

7)      We need to have a screenshot of your whole screen - it is extremely important that this includes the taskbar, with the date, time and connection method visible, eg: cid:image001.png@01D3AB21.EEA35B70

8)  

I believe this was just an excuse not to give me a 3rd FLT number.

Anyway My original two FLT numbers are not resolved. They never asked my
permission to close them.

So why are Vodafone closing my FLT cases without my permission?
When I phoned Apple tech a few weeks ago, the first person I had contact
with gave me a case number, told me he would take ownership of it until resolved.
And he did! He even asked for my permission to close the case several days
after I had told him it was resolved and all working fine and dandy.
He didn't just close it by his own freewill.
He checked the case was fully resolved and even said it can be re-opened
on the same case number.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems @MarkFromPompey. So we can take a look into this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

Just leave mate. Complain to Ofcom.

Its not worth the hassle. Vodafone are in compete disarray.

View more options

Hi everyone,
For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you.
If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you.

View more options
6: Helper

@Loz wrote:

Hi everyone,
For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you.
If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you.

You're a very funny person.

I've tried about 90 times over the last few weeks, yet all I ever seem to get is "Sorry, all our agents are busy helping other customers right now. Please visit our support pages for immediate help or try again later" at all different times of the day.

I would call up, but I don't actually want to speak with the useless people over the phone, since it's like speaking to a brick wall.

View more options

Why does Vodafone keep doing the same thing 

Vodafone: Thanks for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly
Vodafone: All our agents are currently assisting other customers. The next available agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Vodafone: How may I assist you?

ME: i been reading a message that was left for a few of us on the Vodafone forum
ME: For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you. If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you. 

Vodafone: I am sorry it's not going to happen like this to be very frank. I am also have a customer for someone else. I am sorry for the incorrect information if someone have given you.

ME: if the answer is no then you need to pass this chat over to a manager who can then look into this and contact the media team to see why they are telling me and other customers to come on live chat and ask for a suitable resolutions

Vodafone: I have discussed the case with manager and he informed me that this is not possible over the chat
Vodafone: I understand the level of frustration, If I would have been in your place, I would have been felt same. As I am also a customer for someone else. 
Vodafone: But, This option is not available

I love how Vodafone sends you the transcripts of the live chats 

I would like to raise this as an official complaint and I would respectfully like to ask for a formal investigation into this matter by Vodafone management as this is clearly not acceptable yet again 

View more options
2: Seeker

amazing. absolute shambles.

View more options
Highlighted
12: Established

I’d copy both chat transcripts to ofcom and tell them that Vodafone are promising compensation in a way of hanging onto customers and then refusing to pay out.

#vodathieves #vodafail

View more options
6: Helper

That is truly shocking Gipjon. I agree with mbames send the full transcript to ofcom.

Markfrompompey - I had to go through a similar bs scenario to yourself  (nearly two months from start to finish)- numerous speed tests via email, safe mode only, send proof my connection was gigabit & time/date visible on screen, wifi off (test results were no different on or off), No callbacks. I only needed one FLT number though. I was probably one of the lucky ones that after all this I finally got a callback from the Directors office. The person i spoke to agreed  to refunded me for the couple of months my connection was not running as it should.

At the moment my connection is working very well I just dread if it all goes to s..t again that I will probably be put through to the Egypt call centre. for some " exceptional unique customer service".

View more options

@RIPTwitch wrote:

@Loz wrote:

Hi everyone,

You're a very funny person.

I've tried about 90 times over the last few weeks, yet all I ever seem to get is "Sorry, all our agents are busy helping other customers right now. Please visit our support pages for immediate help or try again later" at all different times of the day.

I would call up, but I don't actually want to speak with the useless people over the phone, since it's like speaking to a brick wall.

Just like above I have never been able to connect to an agent on this vodafone chat thing.

I'm not sure if this a coincidence or not, I've only ever tried with chrome browser and it still wouldn't connect to an agent this morning. So I thought I would give Firefox browser a go and it connected to an agent straight away.

Maybe that's a coincidence or maybe Just Luck.

Anyway, after a long drawn out process (as you can imagine) of explaining and sending him the Link to

Loz's announcement above, and asking him to read it back to me, agent Asif told me he has credited my account with 2 x full months compensation plus the £6.95 for the delivery of the new router.

Anyway, hopefully this true and they do actually credit my account and everyone else's that eventually get through and get them to understand after a very hard slog of trying to explain over and over.

I have not received a copy of the transcript yet. I assume it's by email?. I didn't get chance to copy and paste it before the script disappeared. If there's a next time on that chat, I shall copy and paste it near the end when he asks if there is anything else they can help you with.

If I ever do get an email or text of this transcript, I shall paste it in here.

View more options

P.S. Pasting this link into the chat to Loz's announement and asking him to read it back to me seemed to help trigger a sudden change, from let me help you fix it! to then, I shall refund you mode:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/m-p/2628733#M...

View more options
8: Helper

I have not received a copy of the transcript yet. I assume it's by email?. I didn't get chance to copy and paste it before the script disappeared. If there's a next time on that chat, I shall copy and paste it near the end when he asks if there is anything else they can help you with.

If I ever do get an email or text of this transcript, I shall paste it in here.

You have to click a button during the chat to enable the sending of the script at the end, so if you didn't click anything you won't get a copy now.

View more options

@sijones2010 wrote:

You have to click a button during the chat to enable the sending of the script at the end, so if you didn't click anything you won't get a copy now.

Thanks for that info. If there's a next time, i'll try clicking the little email symbol and or other 2 little buttons at the bottom of the chat window 

View more options

When I had email script sent to me they deleted some things.....

View more options

@Ianl49 wrote:

When I had email script sent to me they deleted some things.....

Thanks for that info too @lanl49

So, if theres a next time on that chat thing, I shall copy and past the actual text before he gets chance to close it as well. 

View more options

£50 or £75 compensation for the issue of throttling 

Considering the fact that The Register newspaper website is waiting to update this article

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/vodafone_video_streaming_slowness_line_cards/

and are probably monitoring this forum thread to do a follow-up story. I would just like to say well done to the media team and to loz for giving bad advice to customers 

I think what clearly should have happened is the media team should have PM`d everyone that was affected and made them a suitable resolution or gave them an email address to contact a Vodafone representative capable of making a suitable resolution to each person, but because the media team are giving out bad advice and live chat is/was? saying no. Customers can only do 1 thing and take this further 

Can a Vodafone representative please contact us all in this thread and the other thread about throttling Netflix and compensate every one please, Otherwise every single Vodafone customer will/can go on live chat and simply say I had slow speed and I want compensation.  I really don't understand what the media team was thinking with this bad advice as it will cost Vodafone a fortune

so after seeking Advise the results are  

Vodafone has made a payment to a customer above of around 2 months bill for the issue of slow speed or half a service for 4 months depending on how you look at it 2x £25 = £50 or 4 x half the service = 4x £12.50 = £50

it means in English that Vodafone has set a precedent of around £50 to be paid into everyone`s account that has had this issue of throttling due to the faulty line card and nodes.

Also if you can show you have got Netflix or amazon prime, because of this throttling issue, you have not been fully able to watch Netflix or prime then you should be able to claim 4x £7.99. So in total you should be paying £50 to each customer, or for customers that lost out and still had to pay Netflix or Prime then Vodafone should be paying you all £75 each.  

For advice, or to complain about internet services, please contact Ofcom via one of these numbers:

0300 123 3333  or  020 7981 3040

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 55p per minute.

View more options