cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

that to me looks like you still have single speed issues.

has anyone contacted you yet from Vodafone. You would think that a media team advisor would have raised this for you 

@gipjon wrote:

that to me looks like you still have single speed issues.

has anyone contacted you yet from Vodafone. You would think that a media team advisor would have raised this for you 

In answer to your question, Yes more then once.

I have been given 2 x FLT numbers. Sent them 5 lots of speed tests.

Tech level 2 never bothered to contact me and refused to talk to me
when I phoned and asked to speak to them.

On the first batch speed tests, I was told Tech 2 would phone me back.
They never did so.

On the second batch, they refused to talk again and told the CS guy
to tell me "Case closed, you didn't disable the wifi on your router"
When I insisted to the CS guy I did disable the wifi, he put me hold
spoke to tech 2 again and came back with "Tech 2 told me to tell you
It's interference on your copper telephone line." I asked again to
speak to tech 2 he put me on hold and come back with "They will not
talk to you, they have washed their hands of it"

Third batch nothing heard back.
Forth batch nothing heard back.

Since both FLT numbers were now closed I then needed a third FLT number.
They would not give me a third one unless I submitted another batch
of speed tests. Unlike before when they gave me an FLT number to go
with my speed tests. So I sent another batch, which they rejected because
they could not see the the wording 'safe-mode' in each corner.
Strange they never mentioned that before on the previous 4 batches of
speed tests I sent. It was in safe-mode every time, however with the
lower screen resolution I had to have the browser fully expanded.
Also Since They never disputed that before and the instructions only said
"7) We need to have a screenshot of your whole screen - it is extremely
important that this includes the taskbar, with the date, time and connection
method visible, eg: (*with a photo of the bottom right hand corner showing
the clock and network connections*)" 

7)      We need to have a screenshot of your whole screen - it is extremely important that this includes the taskbar, with the date, time and connection method visible, eg: cid:image001.png@01D3AB21.EEA35B70

😎  

I believe this was just an excuse not to give me a 3rd FLT number.

Anyway My original two FLT numbers are not resolved. They never asked my
permission to close them.

So why are Vodafone closing my FLT cases without my permission?
When I phoned Apple tech a few weeks ago, the first person I had contact
with gave me a case number, told me he would take ownership of it until resolved.
And he did! He even asked for my permission to close the case several days
after I had told him it was resolved and all working fine and dandy.
He didn't just close it by his own freewill.
He checked the case was fully resolved and even said it can be re-opened
on the same case number.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems @MarkFromPompey. So we can take a look into this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be happy to help.

Just leave mate. Complain to Ofcom.

Its not worth the hassle. Vodafone are in compete disarray.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,
For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you.
If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you.

@Loz wrote:

Hi everyone,
For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you.
If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you.

You're a very funny person.

I've tried about 90 times over the last few weeks, yet all I ever seem to get is "Sorry, all our agents are busy helping other customers right now. Please visit our support pages for immediate help or try again later" at all different times of the day.

I would call up, but I don't actually want to speak with the useless people over the phone, since it's like speaking to a brick wall. :Sad_face:

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Why does Vodafone keep doing the same thing 

Vodafone: Thanks for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly
Vodafone: All our agents are currently assisting other customers. The next available agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Vodafone: How may I assist you?

ME: i been reading a message that was left for a few of us on the Vodafone forum
ME: For those of you on this thread that have been experiencing slower broadband speeds, I understand compensation has been mentioned by a few of you. If you'd like to discuss your individual queries further, please pop a message over to our Live Chat team. They'll be able to take a closer look into the experience you've had and discuss the most suitable resolutions for you. 

Vodafone: I am sorry it's not going to happen like this to be very frank. I am also have a customer for someone else. I am sorry for the incorrect information if someone have given you.

ME: if the answer is no then you need to pass this chat over to a manager who can then look into this and contact the media team to see why they are telling me and other customers to come on live chat and ask for a suitable resolutions

Vodafone: I have discussed the case with manager and he informed me that this is not possible over the chat
Vodafone: I understand the level of frustration, If I would have been in your place, I would have been felt same. As I am also a customer for someone else. 
Vodafone: But, This option is not available

I love how Vodafone sends you the transcripts of the live chats 

I would like to raise this as an official complaint and I would respectfully like to ask for a formal investigation into this matter by Vodafone management as this is clearly not acceptable yet again 

amazing. absolute shambles.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I’d copy both chat transcripts to ofcom and tell them that Vodafone are promising compensation in a way of hanging onto customers and then refusing to pay out.

#vodathieves #vodafail

That is truly shocking Gipjon. I agree with mbames send the full transcript to ofcom.

Markfrompompey - I had to go through a similar bs scenario to yourself  (nearly two months from start to finish)- numerous speed tests via email, safe mode only, send proof my connection was gigabit & time/date visible on screen, wifi off (test results were no different on or off), No callbacks. I only needed one FLT number though. I was probably one of the lucky ones that after all this I finally got a callback from the Directors office. The person i spoke to agreed  to refunded me for the couple of months my connection was not running as it should.

At the moment my connection is working very well I just dread if it all goes to s..t again that I will probably be put through to the Egypt call centre. for some " exceptional unique customer service".