cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

[Removed]

RIPTwitch might be worth getting an official complaint going with Vodafone and directors office if I remember rightly that's what got shootoo and sijones some compensation traction. From my own personal experience an Ofcom complaint doesn't get you anything and will refer you back to the ISP for compensation. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

[Removed]

RIPTwitch might be worth getting an official complaint going with Vodafone and directors office if I remember rightly that's what got shootoo and sijones some compensation traction. From my own personal experience an Ofcom complaint doesn't get you anything and will refer you back to the ISP for compensation. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

You are right. All way through in every comment.

Ofcom wouldn't help. CCJ wouldn't help. That's my experience. Best what people can achieve it is break away penalty free.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm sure riptwitch that someone from Vodafone will contact you soon as you have requested it 

Having only joined vodafone on the 6th March, 2019 to immediately recieve poor service (single thread speeds, congestion and what I believe was an initial line fault), together with limited support (no calls logged despite several attempts and having to resort to posting in this forum to obtain limited support). I've taken advantage of the 30 day cooling off period, and made arrangements to migrate to another provider next week.

I am frustrated and disgusted to have a bill from Vodafone for a months service. Therefore, I can only imagine how frustrated and disgusted long suffering customers must feel.

Therefore, I agree with comments in this and other threads that Vodafone (if they believe in their service and reputation) should proactively compensate impacted customers. Also, Information regarding the various processes to complain, to both Vodafone and Ofcom should in my opinion be freely available / visible (pinned thread?).

[Removed]

Referring everyone to ofcom doesn't help them, ofcom just log the complaint its even said by someone else in this thread... The only thing that's going to help anyone is to tell them to follow the official Vodafone complaints process and get contact from the complaints people.

[Removed] Whilst it's really poor that we've experienced these slow speeds how can we expect Vodafone to know there's an issue with our lines if we don't tell them and that's most likely what they're going to base their compensation on..from the time they made their initial expression of dissatisfaction with Internet speeds.

Perhaps what you should be advising people is that for those that didn't call up with speed issues but posted on here instead they should contact the complaints team with screenshot and links to their dated posts on here if they get refused refunds. 

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

@gipjon wrote:

I'm sure riptwitch that someone from Vodafone will contact you soon as you have requested it 

Yeah, I don't think they will.

Had a phone call from the Directors Office today, they were wrapping up my complaint, added another month credit to my bill as an apology.

Since the "resolved" single connection throughput my sync speed has dropped by 7Mb, nothing has changed my end so for me this is VF, problem is because it's just above 35Mb they won't look at resolving the drop and just class it as normal - my line has never synced this low.

As this isn't my primary line am not concerned and it's not costing me anything but near the end of credit i'll be ending it.

For the people who stayed, watch your sync speed!

I have been reading this thread for months with me having this issue. 

I am like RIPTWITCH I did not report the issue straight away. But i dont see why ECHOCHAMBER should have a go at us all .Just becuase you have had a tiff with your boyfriend. That does not give you the right to say " If people have been suffering from an issue for months but haven't called in to report it till 3 months later that's their own fault" 

ECHOCHAMBER i hope your broadband breaks. 

When a member of staff contacts RiPTWITCH can you contact me please , I also agree customers should not be chasing vodafone and trying to contact live chat is a no go 

@londonsouth wrote:

I have been reading this thread for months with me having this issue. 

I am like RIPTWITCH I did not report the issue straight away. But i dont see why ECHOCHAMBER should have a go at us all .Just becuase you have had a tiff with your boyfriend. That does not give you the right to say " If people have been suffering from an issue for months but haven't called in to report it till 3 months later that's their own fault" 

ECHOCHAMBER i hope your broadband breaks. 

When a member of staff contacts RiPTWITCH can you contact me please , I also agree customers should not be chasing vodafone and trying to contact live chat is a no go 

gipjon is the only person that has helped me or even sent me a private message on what I should do... If you coudln't tell already, Vodafail staff are useless. It's kinda sad users do a better job than them.

Live chat is also useless... Good luck trying to udnrer satnd brkoen Egmlish :Winking_smiley:

Hi guys, 

I also think that they should refund everybody for the time the issue was present. I used to have Virgin on another flat, and after just two complaints and a week of bad speeds I was compensated and issue was fixed straight away. 

I did not had much time to check much, but for me the last two weeks were ok if it comes to streaming. IPTV and twich is working with very ocasional buffering. It is worse when using two streams at the same time. Altrough the speed is above 50Mbs most of the time, it still buffers when two devices use streaming. In my opinion it should be more than enough. Also since the fix my internet started dropping and router resets itself often, when before never had that problem, but probably that is another topic and another complain to VF. 

I have attached some screenshots of my wireless network tests I have done recently. There is a massive change compared to last month.

Mark