cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Screenshot_20190326-042246.png

Screenshot_20190326-042231.png

Screenshot_20190326-042223.png

Screenshot_20190326-042216.png

Screenshot_20190326-042207.png

Screenshot_20190326-041945.png

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

just to let Vodafone know it does not mean he has a blue and red wifi

red is single speed download test ( like what happens when you watch Netflix )

blue is multi-speed download test ( downloading multi files at the same time )

there seems to be a pattern forming. after the fix, some customers are starting to have an issue with the router, not holding sync, the internet has started dropping, high FEC corrections 

Multi thread is matching single at the same time. I believe this topic problems were resolved.

As Echo said you must report fault in official way with FLT reference. It could be Openreach congestion.

I expect they blame it on Brexit :Winking_smiley:

Still waiting for that praivte message. LOL

Hi there

Ive been having streaming issues since befoe christmas - upgraded to 2x yesterday & not seen any difference in HTTP download speed of 38-39mbps but thats a side issue.  the big issue is that steaming has been buffering & reading this thread it fits in with the timeframe you have discussed!

So I want to be able to prove the same - how do I separately test HTTP vs whatever protocol is being used for streaming?  Many thanks!

mbames
13: Advanced Member

All line cars are meant to be fixed by now, so sounds like congestion...

samknows has a good app for different download ‘types’.

Went to BT on Saturday, sync speed is already 20% higher.

Well done.

Express VPN seemed to increase my speeds on the unlimited max plan by over 20Mb/s.

Still monitoring it though. A VPN might be the only option.

Shouldnt have to use a VPN to use the services major issues if thats the case.

Still an issue in 2020

I have just signed up over a month ago on fast2. Didn't see these issues at first but particular streaming services were useless unable to stream constant buffering regardless of quality. Services were only based in germany so didn't think this would be such an issue. But during peaktime traffic was getting bounced around all over the show and it then began to happen outside of peak time too. General performance of the broadband has been good even for gaming and downloading, just specific routes or services that seem to really suffer.

Going through the normal engineer visit channels at the moment as my sync speed is lower than advertised so cant seem to get anywhere until that is cleared as thats just being blamed as the issue.

However I can confirm using expressVPN fixed my streaming issues. Im using a rock64 as VPN client and pushing all TV traffic through this makeshift router and the buffering issue stopped instantly. Seems to be a good workaround but less than ideal for anyone without a spare pi laying about.