cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

isn't it far easier just to leave vodafone and go to BT?  I mean a VPN may well make the connection faster, but you need a VPN subscription, a compatible router, and/or ensure the VPN client is on all your devices.  Seems like a lot of faffing about to side step the issue.  If more people left, vodafone would be more likely to upgrade their system.

People will leave because of this - myself included. My last day with VF is Friday!

Unfortunately it is a lot header if you've just signed up and locked into a 1 or 2 year contract. It's very hard to go through all the red tape of proving the issue.

This has to be the worst broadband provider ever, i i  experiencing exactly the same issues, internet speed is fine during the day but in the evening , wow 

Dial up was faster

Official complaint raised, still 12 months to go on ky contract unfortunately 

Just wanted to post a follow up to this issue.

I've been with Virgin Media a few months now and guess what - not had a single problem with streaming since.

Nothing else has changed my side other than moving ISP's - still the same Plex, still the same other streaming accounts and I've not had a single problem. I'm not being throttled on any port.

I didn't pay and I still don't pay any attention to what Vodafone told me when I complained. I'm pretty sure they had some level of traffic shaping or traffic management on their central infrastructure which was limiting my throughput to certain sites and ports - Plex port 32400 being the main one. No-one should have to use a VPN on top of their normal connection to get a BETTER quality streaming rate!

On top of this, you had to manage some days and evenings when randomly your speed would go down to 0.5 Mbps from 75Mb.

I really do hope VF have gotten on top of this since I've left!

Funny Enough. I can't watch 480p IP TV over evenings. It takes maximum 2Mbps.... But line tests returning 100Mbps even via VPN. On BT mobile same time, 4g I watch from same server in 720p without a lag. I gave up.

"No-one should have to use a VPN on top of their normal connection to get a BETTER quality streaming rate!"

Absolutely spot on - theres other providers out there that work fine - like other people have commented,, Ive been with 2 others since leaving Vodafail and had no problems at all at any time of day.

@sijones2010 wrote:

To be fair to VF they have said a fix is coming and will roll out over the next "few" weeks.

Personally, I don't believe them, i'd expect a firm plan by now with the date the rollout will start and expected completion.

And for Phil to finish his message saying customer experience is key is laughable, currently (out of hours) I have no way of reporting any faults if my broadband goes down as the "broadband" number that is on the website goes to a team that is closed out of normal hours and cuts you off before you hear the out of hours number to call, a number that starts with 0845 meaning it's going to cost you a bit to call.

If customer experience is key then may I suggest that someone at VF call your own numbers and listen to the IVR and try different ways, it's truly awful that most of the time you end up at a mobile team even though you've selected options that should take you to the broadband team.

I'm testing "fix" since Friday before it will roll out

This is a problem across Vodafone.  My dad has reported it twice already and even though it is a clear failure to deliver the service sold they have failed to offer him the ability to leave penalty free.  How much time do people need to waste contacting Vodafone on this issue?  How do I get him out of his contract?  

Just for info, Ive just signed up to Vodafone mobile for 12 months with a really good sim only deal which arrived today.  My IPTV app works like a dream when using Vodafones 4G - no buffering at all even on Ultra HD... go figure!

So I will just hotspot my phone if I need to use my IPTV service on another device until my contract for home broadband expires in April because its not looking good for a quick fix.  Shouldnt have to do this but Im happy Ive got a workaround at least until I can leave the home broadband service without penalty.

Jimbo

Just ask to lodge an "Offical Complaint" and you complain that they failed to provide the service you are paying for. Dont accept anything else.

They then will have to investigate and if you dont agree with the response you take it further to the Ombudsman . 

Make sure you run a test using single.speedtest.net and choose a vodafone speedtest server as afterall thats on the vodafone network and they cant blame other traffic causing the problem. You'll probably find your speed is restricted to less than 8mb using this test.

Its strange when you get connected to bytemark test server in york and a few others that the test shows incorrect results, also try downloading something from Apple.com they slow that down to a snails pace.

They will probably tell you that it will be fixed in a months time when a new circuit goes live but it will just get overloaded again.